Knee replacement and bathtubs

KimA75

We are scheduled for Adventure of the Seas in November and are considering changing passengers to remove my husband and add my mother in law. I have been keeping an eye out for price drops on the junior suite. However, this suite has a bathtub. My mother in law had knee replacement earlier this year and is still in physical therapy. Will a bathtub in this type of room be difficult to manage to get in and out of for a shower? If so, we will stay where we are. If not, we will keep watching for price drops.

I believe i have read here that the tubs are pretty deep....i had my knees replaced last year and was able to get into the tub after a month or so....not gracefully and with a spotter but able...every week it got a little easier...i hope she recovers quickly...

Have you considered getting a balcony cabin instead of a junior suite? Yes, the room will be smaller, but your MIL could sit on a shower seat, and she wouldn’t have to worry getting in and out of a tub. Much safer for her.

I’ve had a knee replacement, and I do love the suites with a bathtub! However, the bathtubs in JS and GS are narrower than typical tubs in homes. They are also deeper, so it is harder for me to get out. There are grab bars, but still not easy. I travel with a shower seat, the legs come off easily and it’s lightweight, packs easily in suitcase. It’s possible Special Needs department might have a shower seat. (I want to be sure, so i take my own.). Shower seats fit easily into the shower area on a balcony cabin, but they are often a little too wide for narrow bathtubs in a JS.

Edited by Judie

Thank you for the responses. I think I will just keep us where we are. It means no balcony, but since it is the ultra spacious we have plenty of room. That cabin is about the same size as a junior suite and my two boys will be with us, so we need the space. I appreciate the info about the bathtub though. That is good to know.

If your MIL would benefit from a seat in the bathtub, contact Special Needs dept and ask width of tub. I’d suggest getting a small shower seat that is narrow enough to fit. I think mine was around $15. Worth it to have with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums