Live from Seaside September 15

maureencruiser

Alternate title: When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Alternate title- When Aunt Flo blows into town, it's a great time to cruise.

So, it's me again, Maureen, back on the Seaside. I was just on her solo in April and had a great time. When I got off, they were offering the Drinks on Us package, so, I recruited my friend and cruising buddy, Rhonda and in less than a week, was booked on her again! :D:D

All was going well until about a week before the cruise, there started to be rumblings about Hurricane Florence. We knew Florida and the Caribbean weren't in the "cone of uncertainty", but our hometown, Lynchburg, VA was expected to get 20 inches of rain and we had to fly through Charlotte, NC which was also expected to get hit hard. :eek:

On Monday, American Airlines announced people could change their flights with no penalties and bada boom, bada bing, we were rebooked to fly out Thursday instead of Friday. It really tore us up to miss that extra day of work. ;p

A few more keystrokes and our Airbnb in Miami was also extended. Funny you should mention Airbnb, ( wait, what, who mentioned Airbnb?) because simultaneously with our changes, my sister who lives in Coastal North Carolina was looking for somewhere to evacuate to that would take her, her husband, one dog, three cats and a mourning dove. I guess the partridge in a pear tree was going to ride this one out. :p

Well, I managed to find her a house in Lynchburg that was willing to accommodate all her beasties. She blew into town a few hours before I left and we had a nice visit. Her house had slightly fewer animals than Noah's Ark. :')

Since I had the drinks package and Rhonda is not much of a drinker, I knew I needed a drinking buddy. I can't think of anybody better than this guy, Tyrion Lannister and he kindly brought along a corkscrew.

i-3QfGkZK-M.jpg

As of Wednesday night, that was all I had packed. Oh well, add a passport and a credit card and I'm good to go. Side note- this is why I no longer do formal night, I'm throwing clothes in my bag as I'm driving to the airport. :o

At the airport, they had a piano and were encouraging anyone to come play. And, I do mean anyone! Here I am tickling the ivories and belting out a sweet number to the crowd.

i-KvVhq5R-M.jpg

Here's Rhonda, acting like a normal person. You can see the crowd gathering to hear me play behind her.

i-knqHf72-M.jpg

Here we all are, the three of us checked in and ready to go.

i-VchTDQz-M.jpg

It was at this point that Rhonda realized she was dealing with a lunatic who was bringing a doll on a cruise. Undaunted by her criticism, I decided to take a nap. I hope Tyrion found somewhere warm and soft to take a nap, as well.

i-3pLMXGR-M.jpg

Our flight down was uneventful, thank God. I was expecting a nightmare in Charlotte and instead it was the easiest, less crowded connection I've ever had there. I guess nobody else was dumb enough to head to North Carolina during a hurricane.

Once we got settled in, we realized we were starving and headed out to the Outback for a nibble (and a drink or two).

i-x5GS9dN-M.jpg

Rhonda had a strawberry margarita and I had a watermelon margarita with black lava salt. Tyrion brought his own glass of wine. Delish!

The Outback was the Outback, I really like their salad, I demolished this in maybe 30 seconds.

i-3F3SvrS-M.jpg

I had the sirloin, a loaded baked potato and a piece of broccoli that Rhonda made me eat. :rolleyes:

i-pdhvvqF-M.jpg

After that, it was back to our apartment where we slept for 12 hours. Literally. :cool:

When we finally woke up, we went to the most authentic Cuban/Floridian/Mexican place we could think of. That's right, we went to Taco Bell! :') Hey, don't judge us! It's our vacation, it was close by and I had just discovered the night before that she had never had a Doritos Loco Taco. :confused: From that point on, it was all I could think of, I think I even dreamed about it!

Back at the apartment, we got in the pool with some wine and had a great, lazy afternoon, just catching up and relaxing.

When it was time for dinner, she was in the mood for pizza , while I was craving a cheese steak sub. We settled on Casola's Pizzeria and Sub Shop.

i-J5c53ZT-M.jpg

Wait, they deliver from Boston to Miami? That is impressive!

Tyrion had his eye on a pizza that was 100 times bigger than he was.

i-Q6xF7dn-M.jpg

He wanted nothing to do with my cheese steak.

i-S4ggwg2-M.jpg

Yet, suddenly, he was Rhonda's best friend, because she had a giant slice of pizza. Fickle, fickle!

i-zC7gR4w-M.jpg

They had some interesting signs there. This one is just patently absurd.

i-G9gXf7K-M.jpg

Everyone know the four main food groups are candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup. :'):')

At this point, Tyrion jumped up to say he was in Elf, in disguise as Miles Finch. Nice try, Tyrion, no one's falling for that! Go home, you're drunk!

i-RcV5GQC-M.jpg

And, I will most certainly eat my share on this cruise. Rhonda can't wait to see how good this pizza is. I told her I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The fact that there is a bar right next to the pizza oven is just a plus.

Oh well, it's after midnight, Rhonda's been asleep for hours, let me go try to get some sleep before this adventure. It's cruise day! :hearteyes::hearteyes:

I’m following with great anticipation of how soon you will tick the “fun police” off! It is especially a real hoot when she gives you a look and you capture them on camera.

Enjoy your trip!

I just read this to her, if looks could kill! :loudcry::loudcry: She melted my camera! :'):') We're checking out of Airbnb and Ubering to port. No breakfast for us, we're going to conduct a pizza eating contest in the buffet.

I just read this to her, if looks could kill! :loudcry::loudcry: She melted my camera! :'):') We're checking out of Airbnb and Ubering to port. No breakfast for us, we're going to conduct a pizza eating contest in the buffet.

She apparently gets over things quickly😀

Enjoy your pizza!

Don't forget Andy

2DFE6014-231E-4495-81FE-E6DF7C10F854_zpsda7ndcjb.jpg

Mandy means nothing to him, you will forever be in his heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ah, Andy! I'm torn between you and Tyrion......whatever shall I do?

Looking forward to reading about your adventures! Don't let Tyrion lead you astray. That guy's bad news.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Awww, he's not bad news, he's just misunderstood. :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Ah, Andy! I'm torn between you and Tyrion......whatever shall I do?

Awww, he's not bad news, he's just misunderstood. :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

I'm sure Andy's six pack will still win you over.... don't you worry about Andy and Mandys love children, you bare no responsibility. :)

E431DECB-850E-434F-A7C6-0D01B5B86C95_zpsncyklmcj.jpg