MSC Customer Service

Timbo41

We booked a 7 day Eastern Caribbean trip on MSC Seaside a few months ago. Since then, all I’ve heard from CC as well as my TA what a nightmare it is to call MSC and get somebody on the phone to help them. I’m sure people have had that experience but I thought you’d like to hear a positive report for a change. I called yesterday afternoon to upgrade my “ Drinks on us” package to the Ultimate drink package. I anticipated a horror show of a lengthy wait and to my surprise, my call was answered within 1 min of calling. I spoke with Michael who was very helpful and had my upgrade done in about 5 mins. It was a great experience. Now looking forward to our cruise on 9/29 and putting our drink package to good use.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Nice to hear of someone having a positive experience, thanks for sharing!

I never have a problem dealing with the UK office. I always email and get a response that day (though I don't always achieve a positive outcome, due to MSC's intractable position on some matters :(). In fact, they usually ring me if they want to get some clarity or re-assure me that the issue is being dealt with, such as when there is a delay in resolving the matter at hand. Unfortunately, the regional offices have very little autonomy and everything has to go through HQ which can delay things considerably.

I called MSC USA customer service today and had another positive experience.

Here the timeline:

9:03 called MSC (Voyager Club Member) customer service.

9:04 Scott answered the call.

9:08 Inquiry of cabin change done. Very professional and smooth. Call ended.

9:08 received confirmation via eMail.

Thanks to Scott and the MSC USA customer service team !

You lucky people! I called UK office day before yesterday, waited 20 mins before someone answered my call, then she told me she couldn't upgrade my drinks package from classic to deluxe as I had booked with a T/A. Ok, no probs, so I asked my T/A to look into it. MSC wont talk to my T/A, only correspond on email , so they could take upto 72hrs. Still ok by me....no real rush....But then today I logged onto my MSC planner to look at possible excursions for this Xmas cruise. Oooohhh heck...its totally disappeared from my planner...no note of it at all:eek::eek: It was booked months ago, paid for in full weeks ago, but now is not there.

Did I upset someone by calling?:eek: I am now hoping the wonderful Stuart person who answers emails at MSC( ta Bea for that info!) will wave his magic MSC wand & produce my cruise again....just like that!!!!

Edited by firstcarib
typo

We booked a 7 day Eastern Caribbean trip on MSC Seaside a few months ago. Since then, all I’ve heard from CC as well as my TA what a nightmare it is to call MSC and get somebody on the phone to help them. I’m sure people have had that experience but I thought you’d like to hear a positive report for a change. I called yesterday afternoon to upgrade my “ Drinks on us” package to the Ultimate drink package. I anticipated a horror show of a lengthy wait and to my surprise, my call was answered within 1 min of calling. I spoke with Michael who was very helpful and had my upgrade done in about 5 mins. It was a great experience. Now looking forward to our cruise on 9/29 and putting our drink package to good use.

What was the cost to upgrade, if you don't mind my asking?

What was the cost to upgrade, if you don't mind my asking?

It's $18 pppd to upgrade to the Classic (basic) all-inclusive package, which covers everything on the menus bar items with asterisks.

It's $26 pppd to upgrade to the Deluxe (premium) all-inclusive, which covers everything EXCEPT items with 2 asterisks, which are Super Premium items and aren't covered by any package.

If you upgrade before sailing you will avoid paying the 15% service charge, which is added to these prices when upgrading onboard.

See "Can I upgrade to the All-Inclusive CLASSIC package?" on page 3 of the following:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Assets/MSC-18-095%20Drinks%20On%20Us%20flyer_new.pdf

You lucky people! I called UK office day before yesterday, waited 20 mins before someone answered my call, then she told me she couldn't upgrade my drinks package from classic to deluxe as I had booked with a T/A. Ok, no probs, so I asked my T/A to look into it. MSC wont talk to my T/A, only correspond on email , so they could take upto 72hrs. Still ok by me....no real rush....But then today I logged onto my MSC planner to look at possible excursions for this Xmas cruise. Oooohhh heck...its totally disappeared from my planner...no note of it at all:eek::eek: It was booked months ago, paid for in full weeks ago, but now is not there.

Did I upset someone by calling?:eek: I am now hoping the wonderful Stuart person who answers emails at MSC( ta Bea for that info!) will wave his magic MSC wand & produce my cruise again....just like that!!!!

Heard back from the wonderful Stuart, it was obviously an IT glitch with MSC & seems sorted now[emoji106] Just glad I noticed it now & not when we were trying to print off documents, that could have been a problem. Thanks for the info on his email details

I think MSC has recognized they had some issues with their phone and web site. I think they have and are addressing these and things overall seem to be a bit smoother than they used to be.

It's certainly not the case in the UK. I have emailed three times now and all I get is the automated acknowledgement with a promise to reply in 48 hours. This all started three weeks ago! Useless doesn't begin to describe them.

It's certainly not the case in the UK. I have emailed three times now and all I get is the automated acknowledgement with a promise to reply in 48 hours. This all started three weeks ago! Useless doesn't begin to describe them.

Couldn't agree more, it took 2 weeks and many emails, including one to the CEO plus starting action on Revolver before I received any action - and we are black members with double figures of Msc Cruises !:rolleyes:

If you've used the mscdirect@msccruises.co.uk address, then I'm very surprised that you haven't had a response. I get one using that address (from Stuart Chalmers) the very same day.

It's $18 pppd to upgrade to the Classic (basic) all-inclusive package, which covers everything on the menus bar items with asterisks.

It's $26 pppd to upgrade to the Deluxe (premium) all-inclusive, which covers everything EXCEPT items with 2 asterisks, which are Super Premium items and aren't covered by any package.

If you upgrade before sailing you will avoid paying the 15% service charge, which is added to these prices when upgrading onboard.

See "Can I upgrade to the All-Inclusive CLASSIC package?" on page 3 of the following:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Assets/MSC-18-095%20Drinks%20On%20Us%20flyer_new.pdf

Bea ... Am I right in guessing that what you quote is to upgrade from D.O.U ? to upgrade from Classic to Deluxe from Miami is $8 pp pd.

Bea ... Am I right in guessing that what you quote is to upgrade from D.O.U ? to upgrade from Classic to Deluxe from Miami is $8 pp pd.

Yes ... it's the prices to upgrade from 'Drinks on Us'. Timbo41 posted that they'd upgraded from DOU and I was responding to Cruisinbuff who asked how much the upgrade cost.

In UK to upgrade from Classic( which was inc with Fantastica at time of our booking ) to DeLuxe was £6 pp per day. Hopefully it will be well worth it, especially over Xmas & New Year for the champagne.

Are the snacks (M&Ms, Pringles) in mini bar included in the

DeLuxe?

We may need them if all the threads about poor food on MSC are true [emoji13][emoji12]

In UK to upgrade from Classic( which was inc with Fantastica at time of our booking ) to DeLuxe was £6 pp per day. Hopefully it will be well worth it, especially over Xmas & New Year for the champagne.

Are the snacks (M&Ms, Pringles) in mini bar included in the

DeLuxe?

We may need them if all the threads about poor food on MSC are true [emoji13][emoji12]

Everything in the minibar is included and it gets restocked every day. It's a no-brainer to upgrade from Classic to Deluxe on US-based MSC cruises.

Thanks Bea ...

You're very welcome, FC. :)

After 20 MSC cruises, from Fantastica balcony to YC, I've learned a few things along the way. Plus, I learn a lot here on the forum, especially about US-based sailings, as I haven't experienced one yet. We've 2 booked for next year so I'll be doing a lot of homework onboard on both and will be able to speak from experience then! ;p