Bed Height

Rafter

Just off the Serenade of the Sea found the bed in the wheelchair accessible room to be extremely low.. any ideas or suggestions of which cruiseline may have higher beds in accessible cabins?

The beds on Disney are very high.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Extremely low? Or just lower than your bed at home? I stayed in a HC cabin once on Princess and they were the same height/beds as in all of the other cabins, indeed all of the cabins I have had on a number of cruise lines. I have photographed a lot of HC cabins, and all the beds are just like the standard cabin bed. They are not as high as my bed at home because they do not have those rediculously deep mattresses they make today. EM

We found the new beds on Princess exceptionally high - so high, my mother couldn't transfer from her wheelchair to the bed. They brought in a rolling cot for her; it was a little low but that's easier to help pull her up, than to basically try to toss her up onto the bed. We're renting a hospital bed for our upcoming Princess cruises - seems much easier than to deal with the cot (and couldn't get a firm answer on if the cot would be available).

Disney beds are a little high for her, and the wooden frame hurts her legs during transfers out of bed so she prefers the couch on that cruise line.

Carnival, Celebrity and Royal seem about the same height - as long as it's the beds and not the couch made into a bed - those tend to be a little lower.

We knew it would be lower than we have at home and thankfully had rented at lift. As the bed was only 21 inchs high, my husband could get into the bed but the transfer into his powerchair would have been impossible without the lift.

We knew it would be lower than we have at home and thankfully had rented at lift. As the bed was only 21 inchs high, my husband could get into the bed but the transfer into his powerchair would have been impossible without the lift.

Does he still fly? Am wondering how people with mobility problems get up from airplane seats to use the restroom, etc? My DH has issues with getting up from some kinds of chairs and avoids flying, which limits cruise options.