Booking next cruise whilst on board

Lizzy532

Are there any benefits when booking your next cruise whilst on board?

Do you need to do your research before going to the desk or are they happy to spend a bit of time going through various options? I only ask being a solo cruiser it seems that quite often a twin room for one is cheaper than a single cabin.

I am already assuming I will love my first cruise so much that I will need another one early next year!

Are there any benefits when booking your next cruise whilst on board?

Do you need to do your research before going to the desk or are they happy to spend a bit of time going through various options? I only ask being a solo cruiser it seems that quite often a twin room for one is cheaper than a single cabin.

I am already assuming I will love my first cruise so much that I will need another one early next year!

They do give you extra obc plus low deposit, but not sure if you really get an amazing deal?

We found them helpful with good advice and were happy to run through our options.

I would suggest visiting them early for information, but give yourself a few days to decide before booking, they are not going anywhere that you are not.....

We have booked several cruises whilst on board and as the others have said you do get extra OBC.

The only other advice is that if you intend to book do not leave it to the last few days of your cruise.

We did that once and when we got back home we discovered a few discrepancies in the booking and it took a while to sort out.

We now usually book midway through the cruise so any discrepancies can be dealt with whilst still on board.

We’ve just booked 4 cruises whilst on board via advance registration, but to be honest apart from the £50 pp deposit it was a disaster. We booked b2b cruises and the loyalty person took the wrong deposit. On All four cruises the wrong cabins were booked. Fortunately all bookings were sent to my TA , she contacted P&O and sorted it out. I have no confidence in the loyalty staff onboard, they seem to have minimal knowledge of procedures.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for the feedback. Probably best for me to leave it till I visit my TA as I would only get minimum obc as a solo looking at a 7 night cruise.

There's another downside if it will be your first cruise (as we found out last week!) - you don't count as a returning customer until your cruise is over. For us the extra OBC was much less than the extra 5% 'returning customer' discount they were offering during pre-registration so if that's on offer for the cruise you want, or the current cruise will take you into a new loyalty bracket then it's probably not worth booking on board.

We did complain about this as it was a pretty rubbish customer experience at a time they had a guaranteed sale which turned into us considering other cruise lines for our second, and the advisor did note that down, but head office don't seem to care.