Changing cabins on b2b Meraviglia

firstcarib

Hi everyone, we are looking for some advice here, as we are newbies on MSC.

We booked a transatlantic to NYC in Sept 2019, joining the ship in Southampton England. We have now also just booked another cruise ..on the same ship....leaving NYC on the same day we arrive there, going on to Quebec/Canada as we have always wanted to see this part of Canada. We have a Fantastica deal balcony on deck 11 when sailing over The Pond, but the Aurea deal was good as it was on the Voyages offer, so we will be on deck 13 for the Canadian part of our trip. Therefore we will have to change cabins. Anyone know how much bother this causes? Do we pack & have to lug off all our " stuff" & re-embark as if it was 2 separate cruises, or can we get the ship staff to move our cases to our new cabin? Our first USA port of call from the transatlantic will be New York, so we do realise we will have to clear Immigration etc, its just the luggage/cabin change query I need to find out about.

Edited by firstcarib
typo

I can't say how it will be handled in NY (in fact nobody can as this is the first time that MSC will have visited the port). Perhaps someone who has done similar going to Miami can share their experiences.

However, I can tell you that we did similar going to South Africa and it was handled brilliantly onboard. We just had to go to Guest Services with our paperwork on the morning of the change. We had our original cabin 'til about 1pm as the cabin we were changing to wasn't ready 'til then. We then contacted GS again and they sent porters up to us to assist with our luggage. In SA we didn't even have to get off the ship and come back on.

Hi everyone, we are looking for some advice here, as we are newbies on MSC.

We booked a transatlantic to NYC in Sept 2019, joining the ship in Southampton England. We have now also just booked another cruise ..on the same ship....leaving NYC on the same day we arrive there, going on to Quebec/Canada as we have always wanted to see this part of Canada. We have a Fantastica deal balcony on deck 11 when sailing over The Pond, but the Aurea deal was good as it was on the Voyages offer, so we will be on deck 13 for the Canadian part of our trip. Therefore we will have to change cabins. Anyone know how much bother this causes? Do we pack & have to lug off all our " stuff" & re-embark as if it was 2 separate cruises, or can we get the ship staff to move our cases to our new cabin? Our first USA port of call from the transatlantic will be New York, so we do realise we will have to clear Immigration etc, its just the luggage/cabin change query I need to find out about.

Ask the room steward to sort it, give them a sensible tip up front. They will move all the hangers with your clothes on them to the new cabin and place them in the wardrobe, and bring back empty hangers from that cabin to your original cabin. The other stuff, it is best just to lob into your cases and have them move these to the new cabin. It is a relatively painless process.

Thanks for your reply. Thats what we were hoping would happen so...fingers crossed it does. BTW, We think its a good idea to tip our room steward at the beginning of a cruise. We always get really good service then.Cant see the point of tipping as we leave!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

But you aren't leaving, you are re-locating and you want the room stewards to move your stuff a few decks.....;)

I think u may have misunderstood me! We always tip our steward, but at the beginning, it helps give a good relationship with these hard working guys n gals. I just meant in general on any cruise I can't see the point of tipping at the end of the cruise! Its like the bartenders, we always tip a little very day, not wait until the last night. Once on a Freestyle dining cruise there was a great girl on reception at the restaurant who had to put up with a lot of abuse from large family groups travelling together over Xmas who wanted immediate seating for 12 or more. She was so patient we decided to give her an extra tip...but she wasn't there on the last night. I felt rotten about that, so we now tip early!

Sent from my iPad using Forums