Walk to taxis- Costa Maya vs. Cozumel

I've seen a few times people mention that Costa Maya is a long walk through the pier/ shopping to taxis. How does this compare to Cozumel?

We traveled to Cozumel last year, and I remember having to meander a bit to get out to the taxis but it wasn't bad. Now we are planning a trip with family that will stop in Costa Maya. Some in our group have trouble walking a long way in the heat. Just wondering what to expect. Is it very far to the taxi stand outside the port in Costa Maya?

Costa Maya is probably at least 10 minutes longer when you walk it, mainly because you have to wind your way through the entire shopping area, and then walk across the parking lot and a couple of blocks down the street to the taxis.

I would say Costa Maya is a little further to get to the taxis than the International Pier in Cozumel, but not a lot further. The taxis are just out side the port once you get through the shops. They do have a tram at times on the dock at Costa Maya that will take you from the ship to the port entrance. You still need to walk past all the shops through the port to get out to the taxis. As an FYI, there seems to be no consistency when the tram on the dock is running, so be aware that walking the entire distance may be needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums