No irons allowed

Meldom

I was surprised to find that you cannot bring an iron or steamer on board. I guess you just walk around all wrinkled unless you want to spend a ton to have your clothes pressed. I know they can be a fire hazard but if you want to look nice but don't have the extra money for pressing what are you to do.? just hang everything in the shower..

I was surprised to find that you cannot bring an iron or steamer on board. I guess you just walk around all wrinkled unless you want to spend a ton to have your clothes pressed. I know they can be a fire hazard but if you want to look nice but don't have the extra money for pressing what are you to do.? just hang everything in the shower..

actually the shower idea works quite well...better than a fire on board.

live and learn right?

Hi

Welcome to cruise critic.

If this is really important to you, then take LHT28's suggestion and look for cruise lines that have self serve laundry rooms (they will have irons).

Most travelers try to select fabrics that do not wrinkle (or not much). As Alexspepa says, running a hot shower in the bathroom and then hanging your wrinkled stuff, will work.

There are also products on the market that are sold for this purpose. Just google wrinkle release spray.

hope this helps

I never "all wrinkled". :)

I bring clothing that don't get wrinkled, and items that tend to get a bit wrinkled place on hangers right away.

pack clothes that are travel friendly and don't wrinkle. even one of my full length gowns for formal night does not require any extra effort

You are on vacation, as are all the other passengers you will encounter. No one cares if your clothing is a bit wrinkled, as they are dealing with the same issue. If someone is bothered by your slightly wrinkled clothing, there are just a meddlesome busybody who should be ignored.

Sending you clothing to be pressed won't cost "a ton". The prices are actually quite reasonable, on par with neighborhood dry cleaning services.

Since you are cruising on Celebrity, here are the prices published on their web site:

Pressing Only

• Suit $14.00
  • Jacket $8.00
  • Pants $6.00
  • Vest $3.00
  • Long Sleeved Shirt $5.75
  • Short Sleeved Shirt $4.00
  • Sweater $5.50
  • Shorts $4.00
  • Dress $8.00
  • Skirt$ 6.00
  • 4 Item Special $25.00

Edited by sloopsailor

Meldon .... Welcome to Cruise Critic! :D

Seems you will be on a Celebrity cruise so there will be no laundry rooms/irons.

Try to pack "travel friendly" clothes and don't panic over having a few wrikles because after having been worn for several minutes ... they will get wrikled anyway! :D

We do not have a need to have clothes pressed .We dress casual the entire cruise.

I've never felt the need to iron on a cruise--don't iron very often at home anymore. Anyone remember the whole sprinkling and rolling clothes before ironing them? In my childhood and teen years we still did that. Weekly ironing was a big job!

Now I just pack things that wrinkle little or not at all and don't sweat a few packing lines, if there are any. After a little while in the heat and humidity a few wrinkles show up anyway. Everyone is in the same boat.

I use Eagle Creek Pack It for folding and transporting clothes.

I also buy quality goods that do not wrinkle that much. My dress shirts are a cotton/silk blend that the wrinkles just fall out.

And if needed, I hang them in the bathroom during my shower.