Tours for Group of 10?

Cruisin_Vol_Fan

We are booking a Western Med cruise for May/June 2018. I have been tasked with finding "on-you-own" options for shore excursions. However, every company I come across with excellent reviews (Rome in Limo and All Around Italy, for example) has a limit of 8 passengers on their tours. Has anyone had luck with a tour for a group of 10? We are multi-generational - 6 adults (2 seniors) and 4 kids (16, 12, 12, 10).

In the UK - and I'm fairly sure it's the same across the EU - eight passengers is the max for drivers with standard driver and vehicle licences.

More than 8 takes it to the public service level, so a lot of operators avoid those regulations & costs by sticking to a maximum of 8.

This limits your choice, but you will find operators.

Try using the word minibus in your google search.

JB :)

every company I come across with excellent reviews (Rome in Limo and All Around Italy, for example) has a limit of 8 passengers on their tours)

People here are always raving about RIL's excellent customer service, you could try e-mailing them to see if they can recommend another operator. It's not as though they'd be losing any business since they can't help you, and it doesn't cost you anything to ask.

We used Joe Bananas with a group of 13 in Rome. It required two vans. I would contact the companies you are interested in and get prices for your group.

We had a tour in Mallorca on a small bus that could have easily held 10. Same in SPB. So you may not need to split up with some companies.

In 2015 When we inquired about 10 vs 8, we were told no way, particularly on the Amalfi Coast, where the vehicles needed to be smaller in order to get into the windy roads at the little town of

Positano It was explained to us that we could take two vans with a 6/4 or 5/5 split but that a 10 person van wold not be happening.