Hilton Molino Stucky (Venice) to Cruise Port

lcrenshw

Yes, we've had 6 in a water taxi before. You may be charged an extra 8 Euros for 2 extra passengers. Some of the water taxi boats are larger than others, and we've had 8 plus luggage in a water taxi before.

Have a great trip,

Donna

Thanks for that great post on the water taxis.I e mailed the conciege at the hotel to arrange a pick up by them.Like the fact that they have someone to great us when we arrive.

We just returned from an Az cruise that left out of Venice. We were staying pre cruise on our own at the HIlton. We had a vaporetto pass so we took the Vaparetto (41) from Guidecca ( Palanca-the stop is north of the hotel over 1 little bridge about 5-10min walk). The vaparetto went to Piazzale Roma (the stop after the Tronchetto). We then took our luggage up the ramp to the parking lot and there were free buses to take px to their respective cruise ships. There is room on the vaparetto for luggage-we just had 1 small carryon and a rollerboard but saw others with lots more. If you didn't have a vaporeeto pass you could pay for the 1 ticket which I think it about 6euros. When we arrived in Venice we took a water taxi directly to hotel--100euros but it saved time over the other options and we knew we would be tired after a long flight.

We just returned from an Az cruise that left out of Venice. We were staying pre cruise on our own at the HIlton. We had a vaporetto pass so we took the Vaparetto (41) from Guidecca ( Palanca-the stop is north of the hotel over 1 little bridge about 5-10min walk). The vaparetto went to Piazzale Roma (the stop after the Tronchetto). We then took our luggage up the ramp to the parking lot and there were free buses to take px to their respective cruise ships. There is room on the vaparetto for luggage-we just had 1 small carryon and a rollerboard but saw others with lots more. If you didn't have a vaporeeto pass you could pay for the 1 ticket which I think it about 6euros. When we arrived in Venice we took a water taxi directly to hotel--100euros but it saved time over the other options and we knew we would be tired after a long flight.

Thanks for the info!

We then took our luggage up the ramp to the parking lot and there were free buses to take px to their respective cruise ships.
I was warned that this may not work for some passengers because those free buses only operate on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and are not always in operation all of those days either. Just FYI.

Donna

Water taxi is the way to go. IMHO.

This is the fastest and most direct way from hotel to the ship.

As previosly stated, the taxi driver assists with your luggage and Princess picks the luggage up upon arrival.

The free shuttle to St. Marks Square is fine but then you have to move your luggage from this location to the Aliguna station and that is a walk along a rather narrow pier and a walk down planks into the Aliguna boat.

I will be staying there in October and am opting for the water taxi.

I was wondering if you got an answer to this question. We are on a different cruise on a different date, but the question is the same.

Thanks,

Alan

Alan, I think you may have tried to copy a question??? Anyway, if you let us know which question was not answered, maybe we can help.

Donna

• 1 month later...
How was the Hilton?

Donna

I'm going to answer my own question--it was great!!! Very nice hotel, and the rooftop hotel is very unique and just to die for. It was very interesting to note that since this hotel has opened, it has changed the convention business in Venice. They've never before had a hotel that could house 400+ rooms. For those who are getting this on Priceline, you are getting quite a bargain indeed.

The only tip I have is to check the shuttle schedules very carefully because the boat operators take a dinner break in the evening. We thought they ran literally every hour (I'm sure this had something to do with jetlag too), but what's not to like about an extra hour in Venice?

Breakfast is abundant and in very nice rooms. I hope you all enjoy as much as we did.

Happy travels,

Donna

Donna,

We purchased this hotel through priceline and was wondering if you did to. We were under the assumption that it didn't include breakfast. If it did not, how much was it?

Thanks.

We stayed at the Hilton MolinoStuckey after our May cruise on the Ruby Princess - 3 weeks ago.

We arranged our own water taxi to get from the port to the hotel. We arranged that through our travel agent. I'm thinking we paid $150.00 euros for 5 people and a ton of luggage! My husband's parents were travaling with us - elderly, handicapped, and not able to help with their own luggage. We also had a young child. So, we were trying to make sure we had assistance and help in getting from the cruise ship pier to the hotel.

The hotel was beautiful! We had a view of St. Marks Square. Since my husband is Diamond Level through Hilton, we had the complimentary breakfast. OMG - it was awesome. Beautiful presentation. I believe it was about $40 euros though if you paid for it??? Don't miss the roof top pool. One of the most stunning views of the city. Nice pics. Nice, heated pool too. Wish we had found it the mornign we checked in!

Also, make sure you order a Bellini in the bar. It is the original Venice Bellini recipe, and OMG it is wonderful. Champange, fresh peaches!

We arranged through the hotel to get a water taxi the morning of our flight. We also made sure we had a porter waiting at the pier once we got to the airport property (Hotel did this too) . It is a 15 minute walk from the water taxi pier to the airport. We had elderly parents and a young child with us.

Venice will suck you dry of your last Euros with water taxi's, etc. Make sure you look at the Hilton Shuttle service schedule. We ate diinner, did some shopping, and were ready to get back to the hotel. We didn't pay close attention to the schedule, and realized we had to wait over an hour for the next shuttle. Parents were exhausted, child was exhausted, and were were too. So, we had to pay 50 euros to get back to the hotel (5 of us and yes were were ripped off!). Then, we paid over $100 euros to get to the airport, and another $70 to pay the porter to get us to the airport doors and handle our family's luggage from the pier (lots of steps from the boat pier to the landing). Talk about sticker shock. That's the main thing we didn't like about Venice. It's not an easy city to get around in if you have the least bit of problems doing alot of walking.

Oh, one other things. There is a Servicio Gondola that is a stripped down gondola that will take you across some of the canels in Venice. They are 2 euros. We used those a few times.

Patti

Edited by scubababy

Would you please specify the exact location of the free shuttle bus from Piazzale Roma to pier/ship ? Is it in the parking lot or bus depot ?

Thanks

Oh, one other things. There is a Servicio Gondola that is a stripped down gondola that will take you across some of the canels in Venice. They are 2 euros. We used those a few times.

Patti

Patti, I'm glad you enjoyed the Hilton too. There are many types of boats in Venice (it's confusing), and the boats that go across the Grand Canal for 2 Euros are traghettos. (Just FYI for others reading this thread--there are only a few bridges across the Grand Canal, so the traghettos are used for transportation across in between the bridges.)

Happy travels,

Donna

Donna,

We purchased this hotel through priceline and was wondering if you did to. We were under the assumption that it didn't include breakfast. If it did not, how much was it?

Thanks.

Sorry--I also wish I could help with this info but like Patti had used hotel points to stay at the Hilton. You all are getting a great, great deal for Venice to stay in the Hilton Molino Stucky through Priceline, so enjoy. My personal experience (we've been fortunate to be able to travel to Europe yearly for the past 17 years) is that if you have to purchase the breakfast separately, it's pricey in European hotels. I think I did read on TripAdvisor that an affordable breakfast is available nearby.

Have a great trip,

Donna

• 2 weeks later...

I just figured out my mistake! I can see now that neither red or blue aliguna lines go to the Molino Stuckey from the airport past 7:15 pm. Looks like it is a private water taxi or the aliguna to San Marco and then free shuttle to Molino Stuckey. That sounds like a hassle at night when you are unfamiliar with the area. Do people ever share water taxis on the spot at?

Edited by annie2
mistake

• 8 years later...