Has anyone used italytours.eu recently? Looking for recommendations

angelik

Hello everyone,

I got quotes from 2 companies thus far: romeinlimo as well as Italytours.eu.Rome in limo is a bot pricier, but if I put that aside fro a minute, which company would you recommend> I saw rave reviews for romeinlimo on this site. Italy tours.eu has some reviews, but they are mostly a bit older. They do offer a tour guide included in their price, but I just want to make sure the excursion is high quality and I will not be missing anything out. Thank you in advance for your help. This is my first time booking something independently , so I want to make sure we get what we need from the tours. Thank you in advance

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I used Italytours.eu for 3 fantastic tours in Rome, Florence and Naples. Each guide went out of their way to accommodate our small group tour. Many even added places to see. All guides were knowledgeable and friendly. I was on cruise from Oct.29 to Nov. 5 2017. Go with this company you will have a great and carefree time.

Sealady1948

• 3 weeks later...

We used ItalyTours.EU (Classic Amalfi) last November when sailing on Holland Aerica's Veendam. Cristina at ItalyTours.EU was very responsive, organized and reliable during the booking phase, which helped ease our minds about the excursion. She was also a pleasure to deal with and very helpful.

As for the excursion itself, our guide, Mimmo did a wonderful job of giving us a lengthy, but scenic drive along the breathtaking Amalfi Coast with a couple of stops to take photos and a lunch hour (approx. 90 minutes) stop in the town of Amalfi itself. The tour ended with a drive around Naples and back to our ship. We enjoyed Mimmo's charming personality and his knowledge and expertise when he responded to our many questions.

We will definitely book with ItalyTours.EU again in the future when we return!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We used the semi-private option and it was a great value. About 8 of us in nice new, clean mini vans with excellent, friendly and extremely knowledgeable drivers/guides. We used them for 3 tours this past September: Florence and 2 ports in France. They were fantastic and very responsive with questions, directions, etc. I will be returning to the Mediterranean this summer with my mom and daughter and enjoyed their tours so much will be using them again... very highly recommend them!

We used the semi-private option and it was a great value. About 8 of us in nice new, clean mini vans with excellent, friendly and extremely knowledgeable drivers/guides. We used them for 3 tours this past September: Florence and 2 ports in France. They were fantastic and very responsive with questions, directions, etc. I will be returning to the Mediterranean this summer with my mom and daughter and enjoyed their tours so much will be using them again... very highly recommend them!

Hi Pat......could I ask you if you paid the whole amount in advance? I booked a tour with them for this May in Naples and they said amount due so I paid it. I would like to book a Rome and Livorno tour with them as well, but so not comfortable sending all that money ahead of time when so many things can go wrong. I am 79 and traveling with my daughter. Thanks.....Patti

Hi Pat......could I ask you if you paid the whole amount in advance? I booked a tour with them for this May in Naples and they said amount due so I paid it. I would like to book a Rome and Livorno tour with them as well, but so not comfortable sending all that money ahead of time when so many things can go wrong. I am 79 and traveling with my daughter. Thanks.....Patti

Hi Patti - I believe I paid 1/2 when I booked, and the other 1/2 was due about 2 weeks before the tour. I think the invoice they send via email gives the payment options or you can just send them an email and inquire. They were very responsive to my emails. I’ll also be traveling to the same ports you’ve listed in May ... we’re on the May 27 Epic. Which ship will you and your daughter be on?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just booked a Rome private tour with them and paid half the amount, however, I had the option to pay as little as 1 euro as a deposit. We have also booked the semi-private excursion to Pompeii and Amalfi Coast. Cristina is very responsive to email, that is why I chose this company over others.

Hi Patti - I believe I paid 1/2 when I booked, and the other 1/2 was due about 2 weeks before the tour. I think the invoice they send via email gives the payment options or you can just send them an email and inquire. They were very responsive to my emails. I’ll also be traveling to the same ports you’ve listed in May ... we’re on the May 27 Epic. Which ship will you and your daughter be on?

Hi again......Thanks for the quick response. I'm never quite sure where I can ask questions about tours but since you had good luck with them, I feel better about it. We will be on the May 6th cruise on the Epic out of Barcelona, so before when you will go. This is our first time to Europe ever and probably the only time, so I want to make sure to see as much as possible without going into debt! We have cruised many times but not over there and the cruisetours are so expensive. We go at that time because daughter's birthday falls that week and the weather here is nice for flying out anywhere. I hope it will not be too cool over there on the ship at that time.....it's hard to judge since we are usually in the Caribbean. Thank you so much and have a great cruise with your family........Patti

Hi again......Thanks for the quick response. I'm never quite sure where I can ask questions about tours but since you had good luck with them, I feel better about it. We will be on the May 6th cruise on the Epic out of Barcelona, so before when you will go. This is our first time to Europe ever and probably the only time, so I want to make sure to see as much as possible without going into debt! We have cruised many times but not over there and the cruisetours are so expensive. We go at that time because daughter's birthday falls that week and the weather here is nice for flying out anywhere. I hope it will not be too cool over there on the ship at that time.....it's hard to judge since we are usually in the Caribbean. Thank you so much and have a great cruise with your family........Patti

Hi Patti,

We will be on the May 9th cruise on the Epic out of Rome, so you will be on the ship when we get on in Rome. I've been researching shore excursions and ItalyTours.EU has a lot of very good reviews. If we use them, we will take the Best of Florence & Pisa on May 10 and the Pompeii, Sorrento & Amalfi Coast Tours on May 15. We are also looking at ItalyCruisesPrivateTours.com and DriveinRome.com. Weather in the Mediterranean should be in the 70's degrees F. Not too cool but not hot. We were in Paris last year during the first week of May and it was fairly cool with most days between 55-65 degrees F. But Rome is much further south so we're hoping for warmth. Hope I get to meet you.. . Jenny

• 2 months later...
I used Italytours.eu for 3 fantastic tours in Rome, Florence and Naples. Each guide went out of their way to accommodate our small group tour. Many even added places to see. All guides were knowledgeable and friendly. I was on cruise from Oct.29 to Nov. 5 2017. Go with this company you will have a great and carefree time.

Sealady1948

Thank you! Wanting to use them for Marseille and Naples!

• 2 weeks later...

Lee Ann Jackson: inaugural cruise of Carnival Horizon, April 2018

ItalyTours.EU gave us wonderful 8 hour tours in Florence & Pisa, Rome and also the Amalfi Coast with Pompeii. Their price was economical but their service was priceless. All three drivers shared their knowledge of the area and the guides were truly excellent. Their English was very easy to understand. Traveling with them in small vans with 6 or 8 people saved us a lot of extra walking because they could park close to the attraction. Touring in small groups like that made it easy to stay together in crowded areas like the Vatican and gave us a very personalized experience. I would definitely recommend this tour company with 5 stars!:)

• Like 1

We just returned home after sailing the NCL Epic from Barcelona April 22-29 2018. We booked ItalyTours EU for each of our 3 Port stops in Italy (Naples, Civitavecchia, and Livorno)

We loved EVERY single tour webooked with them! We booked (3)excursions, and each one was excellent. In speaking with fellow cruisers who booked their excursions through theship, we knew we made the right choice! We paid MUCH less and we feel like we got MUCH more! We were a bit nervous (we never bookedoutside of the cruise ships before) about making it back to our ship in time, but the drivers put us at ease every morning – they made it clear that theirpriority was for us to have a good time AND be back to the ship on time. We LOVED the vans and small groups - our drivers were literally taking us down side streets and through the towns where the busses would never have been able to get - we feel like we saw sides of Italy that our fellow cruisers missed out on!

All of the drivers were good,but Salvatore (in Naples) stood out. Hewas AMAZING! That tour was our favorite(Pompeii, Sorrento, and Amalfi Coast), by far in terms of the overallexperience and the itinerary. Salvatorewas extremely friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating. For example, we passed some beautiful fields/winerieson the way to one of our destinations, and one of our fellow passengers said“oh wow, that’s beautiful!” – next thing we know, Salvatore is telling us “I’mgoing to pull over so you can get out and take some pictures”. That NEVER would have happened on the big busfrom the cruise ship! The stop at the Limoncellofactory was awesome and a nice surprise as well as stops at various points onthe Amalfi Coast for us to get out, sample some local food or drinks, or justtake in the view.

The guides we had in eachlocation were excellent as well (Francesca in Pompei, Isabella at the Vatican, Marco in Florence)

We are already talking aboutgoing back to Italy again and we will ABSOLUTELY use them again!

• Like 2

We used them for 2 excursions and are beyond pleased.

We have never booked outside of the cruise line before and felt very confident in our choice after much research through cruise critic reviews and responsiveness through email. Overall these two days are our most cherished day of our 7 day on NCL out of Barcelona. I wish we would've booked our 3rd Italian port with them.

It's fantastic to have a smaller intimate group. You hear better and get to do more. They make use of every minute and make sure you see and know everything there is to know. The drivers did great. The vehicles are clean and comfortable.

Our first cruise stop at Pompeii/Sorrento/Amalfi Coast was amazing. Our tour guide was THE best. She made us feel like we were the only people in Pompeii. We were alone at all times, she was super knowledgeable, engaging, and entertaining. Our drive along the coast was amazing. We made several picture stops as well as bathroom and shopping stops.

Our next day was in Rome where we did Vatican City and chose to do the Coliseum add on. The driver took us to the most delicious pizza spot Alice. He also took us on several stops I feel like we never would have do. The tour guide was also knowledgeable and great.

Over all, you definitely get your moneys worth if not more. I feel like we did way more than I ever would've dreamed of. They made several stops, saw a lot, and kept us safe and on time.

Florence and Pisa in a day but you certainly can! We had an action packed day, but it was so worth it. Our driver was waiting for us at the cruise ship with a sign with our names printed on it. Once all eight of us were gathered, we took off for Florence. The ride was over an hour but we were in a very nice minivan with reclining seats. Our driver was not our tour guide but he was willing to answer any questions we had about the day ahead of us.

When we arrived in Rome we met our tour guide who was great. She spoke English clearly so we had no trouble understanding her. We had purchased skip the line tickets to see the statue of David and we walked right in ahead of the crowds and tour buses. After that, we walked through Florence and learned all about the history and grandeur of this magical place. This was followed by two hours of free time for lunch and to explore.

We met back up with our group and made our way to Pisa where we chose to spend an hour on our own. This was the perfect amount of time to get a glimpse of this little town. We just roamed around, but it was possible to go into the building if we had chosen to do that. There was no tour guide for this part of the trip but that was fine with us.

Our driver was waiting for us and drove us safely back to the ship with plenty of time to spare.

I would recommend ItalyTours.EU to anyone who wants to avoid the crowds of the cruise ship tour buses at a great price with a great customer service department.

• Like 1

Patti, there is a sister company for Barcelona (Barcelona Day Tours). We will be doing a half day tour on one of our two pre-cruise days. They were equally attentive to our emails and questions.

Janet

In April us used Italy Tours.EU and highly recommend them.

We had a very nice time from start to finish on our tour starting from the easy pick up at the dock, touring Rome and drop off at our Hotel.

We enjoyed receiving information from our Driver/Tour Guide Maurizio as we visited different sites. We could tell he cared about giving all eight of us helpful information, easy to view as possible sites along with clear instructions where & when to meet for the pick-up spot.

The guided tour in the Vatican was well done by Isabella, even with the heat. We were very well taken care of with my wife’s mobility issues. I asked about mobility issues in an email to Christina and she said we would be able to see most of everything; we were very pleased that she delivered on what she emailed to us. Her word is good in our book and very responsive.

We just returned from our Med. cruise on Norwegian Epic and used Italytours EU for Pompeii, Sorrento and the Amalfi coast and also for Pisa and Florence and had very good tours on both days. We got to see everything that we wanted to and more. I especially enjoyed the free time in Sorrento to shop and have a wonderful lunch. We also used Barcelona Day tours on our debarkation day to go to Montserrat and a Cava Winery. They picked us up at the port and dropped us off at our hotel near the airport after, as our flight home was the next day. Very convenient. I had booked with the ship for that but cancelled as they only drop at the airport or downtown. Worked out perfectly.....Just found out they are a sister company to ItalytoursEu and I got my advice from this site, so thanks to all on Cruise Critic for helping make the trip great!.....Patti

We just returned home after sailing the NCL Epic from Barcelona April 22-29 2018. We booked ItalyTours EU for each of our 3 Port stops in Italy (Naples, Civitavecchia, and Livorno)

We loved EVERY single tour webooked with them! We booked (3)excursions, and each one was excellent. In speaking with fellow cruisers who booked their excursions through theship, we knew we made the right choice! We paid MUCH less and we feel like we got MUCH more! We were a bit nervous (we never bookedoutside of the cruise ships before) about making it back to our ship in time, but the drivers put us at ease every morning – they made it clear that theirpriority was for us to have a good time AND be back to the ship on time. We LOVED the vans and small groups - our drivers were literally taking us down side streets and through the towns where the busses would never have been able to get - we feel like we saw sides of Italy that our fellow cruisers missed out on!

All of the drivers were good,but Salvatore (in Naples) stood out. Hewas AMAZING! That tour was our favorite(Pompeii, Sorrento, and Amalfi Coast), by far in terms of the overallexperience and the itinerary. Salvatorewas extremely friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating. For example, we passed some beautiful fields/winerieson the way to one of our destinations, and one of our fellow passengers said“oh wow, that’s beautiful!” – next thing we know, Salvatore is telling us “I’mgoing to pull over so you can get out and take some pictures”. That NEVER would have happened on the big busfrom the cruise ship! The stop at the Limoncellofactory was awesome and a nice surprise as well as stops at various points onthe Amalfi Coast for us to get out, sample some local food or drinks, or justtake in the view.

The guides we had in eachlocation were excellent as well (Francesca in Pompei, Isabella at the Vatican, Marco in Florence)

We are already talking aboutgoing back to Italy again and we will ABSOLUTELY use them again!

We are cruising on the Epic in September. I just booked ItalyTours.EU based on your recommendation as well as others. My question is how easy was it to disembark the ship to make it to your meeting time in each port? Did you select the meeting time or did Cristina? Was the meeting spot convenient to where you got off the ship, or did you walk a ways? I'm traveling with my parents, and giving them as many answers as possible seems to ease their minds, as they've never been to Europe.

Thanks for your time!

Christy