Is Europe Cruise suitable for kids and elder?

talltallling

I think cruising is a fabulous way to go on vacation with family of all different ages. But, I think while planning for the cruise everyone could agree that each person or cabin could do their own thing in terms of activities and excursions. Then you could all get together at dinnertime. If it is planned beforehand no one will get their feelings hurt or feel left out - each one could opt in or out of the activities according to what they choose to do.

Just my opinion...

Hi. I flew to asia (16 hr flight) last year with my 4 and 1 yr. it was ok and they behaved very well. Also cruised with my oldest when he was 10 months and it was great (yes, with one kid)

I want this trip to be relax.. that way I can get off each port jus for say 2 hrs and back on the boat? Relax and some nice picture of Europe would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As is typical for these types of threads you have gotten lots of divergent opinions and some great info on the ports. You need to know yourself and your kids. Personally I have traveled lots with our kids who are about the same ages as your kids and for me a European Cruise is about the least adventurous and most kid friendly vacation we would take. We live downtown and walk all day in our regular lives though so your we usually drive everywhere comment is a potential Redflag. That said if you are set on Europe (and why not life is too short to wait) a land trip and moving around by trains is a lot more stressful with kids IMHO. The boat will be the consistent place for sleeping breakfast and Dinner and as long as you pace yourself in port it could be relatively relaxing. A baby of course is never relaxing so at least if he is crying for no reason you are looking at the Colosseum instead of a strip mall.

Thanks everyone !!!! I still have not book the trip yet but my hubby is pretty sure he wants to go to Europe. I will study more on the ports and make a final decision!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe take a practice city day somewhere near you? Park your car and spend the day or at least half the day walking around, using public transit etc and see if everyone enjoys it.

• 3 weeks later...

We've gone on 3 European cruises with our small kids and my parents. Here's links to 2 of our trip reports. We have another booked in April. You can't see it all, but you can see highlights. We skip most museums. We did bring an umbrella stroller with a Lascal buggy board.

https://tampamomtravels.blogspot.com/2016/

https://tampamomtravels.blogspot.com/2017/08/park-guell-barcelona-divina-cruise.html

My first cruise was when I was 10 years old - Rhine river cruise. I remember the ship, a lot of the river scenery, castles, touring old medieval cities w towering cathedrals. And lots of food.

There were 3 of us, aged 13, 10 and 7, plus ma and pa. We were on our way to an ex-pat assignment in Monrovia Liberia. Got the travel bug bad!

Sent from my iPad using Forums