Valuetrip reservations for Fort Lauderdale

Jimorel

Hyatt Place on 17th has changed it's name to Pier 66. Is anybody having problems getting a room reservation at Valuetrip.com since the name change (anyone besides me that is)?

I am waiting to hear from them and wasn't aware of the name change. I will give them a few more days before I call. I did read on the site that often their emails don't always get through and to check back after a few days if you don't hear from them.

Hyatt Place on 17th has changed it's name to Pier 66. Is anybody having problems getting a room reservation at Valuetrip.com since the name change (anyone besides me that is)?

That doesn't sound right. There has been a Hyatt Regency Pier 66 on the east side of the 17th Street (2301 SE 17th Street) bridge for years. It was sold recently and is no longer in the Hyatt family but has retained the name Pier 66. Hyatt Place 17th Street/Convention Center is still located at 1851 SE 10th Ave. That is the name and address in Valuetrips.

That doesn't sound right. There has been a Hyatt Regency Pier 66 on the east side of the 17th Street (2301 SE 17th Street) bridge for years. It was sold recently and is no longer in the Hyatt family but has retained the name Pier 66. Hyatt Place 17th Street/Convention Center is still located at 1851 SE 10th Ave. That is the name and address in Valuetrips.

Absolutely correct !

This is INCORRECT information. Hyatt Place Convention Center is booked on Valuetrips.com.

Where in the world did you get that information???:confused:

This is INCORRECT information. Hyatt Place Convention Center is booked on Valuetrips.com.

I called them and when they answered Pier 66 I said I was calling HYATT PLACE. The response was that we are no longer a Hyatt Place but now Pier66.

I no longer have the first number I called and do not recall (no I am not a politician) where I got it. However, I got the number again through Google and called the Hyatt Place Convention Center on 17th. Apparently they have not changed their name and even though Valuetrip.com does not respond to emails or phone calls I have the reservations I requested,.

I apologize to everyone for any problems I may have caused.

I went online to book a room 10 days ago. Today, I received an email from ValueTrips saying that they were having server problems. Also, they have no rooms for our pre-cruise night. So, I start again to find somewhere else to stay that doesn't cost $250+.

I went online to book a room 10 days ago. Today, I received an email from ValueTrips saying that they were having server problems. Also, they have no rooms for our pre-cruise night. So, I start again to find somewhere else to stay that doesn't cost $250+.

Try either Comfort Suites airport/cruise south or Quality Suites airport/cruise south. One of them offers both a courtesy airport and courtesy cruise port shuttle.

I am surprised that valuetrips sent you an email. I booked a reservation with them on November 11th. Never received an email confirmation. After 7 days, I called them and received the same voice message 3 consecutive days, promising to call back which they never did.

I called the hotel directly and they confirmed my reservation. I did receive an email from valuetrips 25 days after I made the reservation. In the email confirmation, the price of the hotel was much higher than listed on the site. I called valuetrips and again got the same voice mail and still have not heard back from them...going on 7 days now. I did call the hotel again and they had the price as listed on the valuetrip website, despite the valuetrip email stating a higher price.

First time I booked with valuetrips and based on their service, it is also my last booking with them.

I also tried to book a room at Hyatt Place 17th st Convention Center through Value Trips. I finally received a response after a few weeks. It said they had a server problem or something and it was delayed. The rate I received is almost $100 cheaper than their website. I am pleased with that. However, I will definitely call and confirm with the hotel before I go.