What is included currently with a Sanctuary Cabana?

framer

It is my understanding that a standard Cabana @ $140/220 includes a stocked minibar. What is in the Minibar? Can you get a bottle of wine?

I've heard they no longer include candy or MP3 players. Do they still have the wireless headsets. Any other tips you want to share are welcome...

framer

It is my understanding that a standard Cabana @ $140/220 includes a stocked minibar. What is in the Minibar? Can you get a bottle of wine?

I've heard they no longer include candy or MP3 players. Do they still have the wireless headsets. Any other tips you want to share are welcome...

framer

Did a Regal Sanctuary cabana in Nov and a Royal cabana last week. Full day Mini bar includes 12 non alcoholic drinks. Small water bottles, soda pop cans, water with gas, etc. Any combination you want, example a 12 pack of diet coke. Includes 2 bottles of alcohol your choice but they are 350ml. You can get two big bottles of Champagne but wine depends on price point so it might be 1 bottle. You also get two welcome drinks of your choice. The Regal stopped giving out candy bars but the Royal gave out Kit Kat's last week. A fruit basket, glass of nuts and another of gummy type candy. For a half day cut things in half for the most part. There is no charge for food delivery like they do for Sanctuary chairs. No mp3 players. Wireless headsets but you do have a wire from your headset to your little portable box.

Thanks for the info Todd320

WOW! you can get a couple of 350ml of hard stuff, cool. The wife would really be thrilled to get a couple bottles of the white house brand wine. One would really be all we need.

Wireless headsets but you do have a wire from your headset to your little portable box.

What portable box? If a wire come out of the headset it not wireless. Is the portable box then wireless to the TV or my tablet through Bluetooth?

framer

Thanks for the info Todd320

WOW! you can get a couple of 350ml of hard stuff, cool. The wife would really be thrilled to get a couple bottles of the white house brand wine. One would really be all we need.

What portable box? If a wire come out of the headset it not wireless. Is the portable box then wireless to the TV or my tablet through Bluetooth?

framer

Yea your right, I would not call them wireless either . The headphone wires (2 to 3 feet) run to a box that is maybe 4X4 inches and then wireless to the TV.

• 2 months later...

On the Regal, are the lounge chairs directly in front of the sanctuary cabana (on the cabana “porch”) for exclusive use of the cabana renter or are they part of the general sanctuary reservation system? If I rent a cabana, I would love to have use of the soft lounge chair as well.

On the Regal, are the lounge chairs directly in front of the sanctuary cabana (on the cabana “porch”) for exclusive use of the cabana renter or are they part of the general sanctuary reservation system? If I rent a cabana, I would love to have use of the soft lounge chair as well.

The lounge chairs for the cabana are for the person who rents it. There are 2 per cabana.

The 2 lounge chairs are part of (included in) the sanctuary cabana.

You can have 4 people per cabana but the other two people have to have chairs assigned to them somewhere in the sanctuary. I assume they came up with that rule to limit noise from a bigger group gathering in one cabana.

I am confused about the headsets too!!!!

This would be for the loungers, not the cabanas...

I see the things like pods that stand there with the chairs.

How are they involved?

So, it sounds like you get a individual free-standing 'box' like an ipod or something???

Totally mobile and portable?

The 2 lounge chairs are part of (included in) the sanctuary cabana.

You can have 4 people per cabana but the other two people have to have chairs assigned to them somewhere in the sanctuary. I assume they came up with that rule to limit noise from a bigger group gathering in one cabana.

We were told it's because they don't want to move the other 2 lounge chairs out in front of the cabana, not enough room. All 4 can be in the cabana a the same time, they just won't move the lounge chairs.

When you rent a cabana the $140 - $220 is that for the entire length of the cruise...or is it per day? Also is there a pool up at the Santuary?:):cool::halo:

Per day.... $140 for a half day and $220 for a full.

No pool in the sanctuary on Royal class ships but the retreat pool is close by.

I am confused about the headsets too!!!!

This would be for the loungers, not the cabanas...

I see the things like pods that stand there with the chairs.

How are they involved?

So, it sounds like you get a individual free-standing 'box' like an ipod or something???

Totally mobile and portable?

On the Royal headsets are only for the sanctuary cabanas. They are not wireless as the headphone is wired to a small box, from there it is wireless. Nothing for music is provide anymore to people renting regular lounger chairs in the sanctuary.

We were told it's because they don't want to move the other 2 lounge chairs out in front of the cabana, not enough room. All 4 can be in the cabana a the same time, they just won't move the lounge chairs.

They try to book the loungers in front of the cabana next to the glass for the other two people that are going to use the cabana. Four people fit comfortably inside the cabana.

I just mentioned the fact that the other two people have to have loungers in the sanctuary to illustrate that two couples can not book the cabana and then split the $220 to save money.

Wishing...I see the things like pods that stand there with the chairs.

Those "pods" are actually light fixtures.

Unfortunately, the shrubs between the loungers are artificial, wish they would talk to HAL and borrow some live plants.

I was surprised that this thread's back after 3 months.

Let me say that we did the cabana twice on our January cruise and hand's down loved it. Will do it again in the future. Post number 2 on this thread was spot on. On the 2nd one we did not drink the bottle of wine and had it sent to the dining room for dinner.

The one negative item was the TV not being bright enough for outside use. Princess needs to look for special TV's made to be used outside or turn on a demo mode that boost screen brightness.

framer

• 3 months later...