Has anyone used All Around Italy Tours

LMAC2

If anyone has used All Around Italy tours for Rome, would you recommend them? Any info you can provide will be appreciated as I need to decide very quickly if i should sign up for a tour with them. I see Romeinlimo rated very high here but I have sent 2 emails to them through their website and they have not responded for over 2 days!

Thank you!

Just returned - and used All Around Italy ifrom Livorno (Pisa and Florence) and in rome. We were VERY pleased!!!! Fabricio was very responsive on e-mail and we had a great time. For Rome, we didn't have Fabricio himself, he arranged for his "collaborator" Peppe to be with us for a day and a half. We had sepcifically asked for a tour in the ghetto area, a trip to Villa d'Este in Tivoli (frescos and fountains) as well as all the typical Roman highlights. Although we did the inside of the Colisseum on our own on one of our "free" days, Peppe stopped the car and got us advnce tickets so we wouldn't have to wait in line! He also recommended a wonderful restaurant -Il pomodorino - near our hotel (near Villa Borghese) when we had 2 dinners!

I used All Around Italy (Fabrizio Meloragno) in 2007 and again in 2008. His English is very, very good, he's funny, he's a good driver, and he's happy to show you his Rome. We didn't use him for the must-sees; rather, we asked him to take us to lesser-visited sites. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

I agree..Fabrizio is wonderful. We used him in 2007 for a one day stay in Rome.

Then when we booked a cruise last Spring, we had Fabrizio meet us in Naples for the best day doing Sorrento/Positano, Amalfi and Pompeii..Yes - we got in everything we wanted plus lunch in a restaurant with a million dollar view.

He met us the next day in Rome.where his expertise allowed us another day filled with what we chose to do...

On the third in Livorno he met us and took us on a tour of Florence...breath-taking..

I would recommend Fabrizio to anyone. The group of 7 we toured with all agreed he made our trip...We used other guides in Istanbul, etc but they did not hold a candle to him. He did what he said he would, was there when he said he would be and never changed prices or terms. He was a pro...use him- you won't be sorry.

• 2 years later...

I'm late to respond here, but I also highly recommend allarounditaly for itineraries in Italy. I first worked with Fabrizio in November, 2009 for 3 days of touring in Amalfi Coast, Rome and Florence/Pisa. We had such a great time that I hired Fabrizio again in December, 2010 when I visited Rome with 2 friends. We did a day tour of all the Roman sites (Colloseum, Trevi fountain, spanish steps, etc.). The last night we took a "Roma by Night" tour which is hands down my favorite memory in Europe, ever. We got to see all the popular tourist stops almost completely abandoned. Rome has such a magical feel by night, I suggest anyone try this tour. Also impressed that Fabrizio speaks excellent english, so there was never a failure to communicate.

I also highly recommend Fabrizio and All Around Italy when touring Italy. I have used him for tours in Naples, Rome and Livorno and he is simply the best in my estimation. He even recognized me this past fall when I exited the cruise terminal in Naples after I had not seen him in two years! He is very dependable and you have no worries missing the ship. He joked that if we missed the ship he would take us to his mama's for the night and catch up with the ship the next day. He also knows the little out of the way places to eat in Rome with great food and great prices. He comes highly recommended by many members of Cruise Critic.

Oh wow! I didn't realize this thread was two years old.

Edited by Carolyn R

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I recently used Fabrizio, owner of allarounditaly.net for airport transfers (Rome to the Pantheon), private tours from Rome, transfer to port in Civitavecchia, and a private tour of Tuscany with wine tasting. As usual, he was funny, thoughtful, informative, kind, and very enjoyable. This is my second time using him and he has totally enhanced my experiences because he is so passionate about his country, and his heritage.

One of my friends who toured with us has very bad knee problems and Fabrizio was at her side with a supportive arm for her as we walked through some ancient Etruscan hill towns. I've never seen such incredible service, this man is a gem.

His website has been down for months, I know lots of people trying to reach him so I wanted to update this info.

I also highly recommend Fabrizio and All Around Italy when touring Italy. I have used him for tours in Naples, Rome and Livorno and he is simply the best in my estimation. He even recognized me this past fall when I exited the cruise terminal in Naples after I had not seen him in two years! He is very dependable and you have no worries missing the ship. He joked that if we missed the ship he would take us to his mama's for the night and catch up with the ship the next day. He also knows the little out of the way places to eat in Rome with great food and great prices. He comes highly recommended by many members of Cruise Critic.

Oh wow! I didn't realize this thread was two years old.

He finally fixed his website, I can't believe how damaging that virus was to his site. Apparently this is a common. Anyway, its fixed now!

Check out Fabrizio's Facebook page. He toured with Jimmy Fallon last week. I can just imagine the two of them together! I'm glad to see his website is up and running again. I imagine he lost a lot of business over the past few months due to his website being hacked.

• 2 months later...

I just want to say that Fabrizio really is the BEST. We enjoyed our day with him in Florence back on May 19, 2012. I wish I could have spent the following day in Rome with him too but I booked with another tour group for that day and it just wasn't the same. He was funny, extremely charming, and thoughtful. He went above and beyond to make it a perfect day for us. I promise you will be thrilled that you picked him as I was. Thanks so much Fabrizio, we loved ya. "Julia" </SPAN>

• 2 weeks later...

We did two tours using All Around Italy in Rome and we feel that they were the best tour guides in town! We used Fabrizio and Pepe for a grand tour of Rome. We saw all the sites and their explanations of all that we saw made the day a absolute joy. Our group included my 94 year old mother. At the sites that she couldn't get out for they stayed with her and explained the site and showed her books with pictures of the site. They went up and above what you would expect of a tour guide. We used one of their guides for the vatican and she was great too. Our recommendation: Book all you italy tours throgh All Around italy! You will not be disappointed. We love Fabrizio and Pepe!

We used this company for all 3 stops in Italy on our cruise this July. I would highly recommend Fabrizio. He had the 5 of us laughing the entire time. He was extremely punctual and conscientious in getting us back to the ship. The cruise lines try to scare you into booking their shore excursions but in my opinion you see more with Fabrizio and pay less, especially in Rome. Peppe was our driver in Rome and was very knowledgeable and able to drop us at sites a tour bus would never have ventured.

We deferred to Fabrizio and followed his recommendations for each tour as none of us had ever been in these cities. I must say Fabrizio assessed our group quickly and was able to design tours we all loved! The restaurant in Positano was incredible, one of the highlights of our 2 weeks in Europe.

Thanks Fabrizio for adding to our special vacation memories... till next time:)

infrn....

Can you please give me the name of the restaurant in Positano??

We will be there soon and are looking for a memorable place to have lunch while there.

Is the restaurant in town, or far from the center of town?

We were thinking of stopping at La Tagliotta, but it is a bit out of the way if you are in the main town.

TIA

We love Fabrizio because he treats all of his customers like family, the guy takes a lot of pride in his country and his job and on top of that he is smart and funny! The other guides who work for him are also very good, I've used Alberto and Pepe and they are fabulous too.

Our tours with All Around Italy were fantastic. We had private tours set up in Naples and Livorno. My father is elderly and is on oxygen. He is mobile but tires quickly and sometimes just needs to rest. Fabrizio and company did a great job in letting us set our own pace, change up the stops and really letting us enjoy the trip. The restaurants that were chosen were great - lots of good food and sights. I felt that they really wanted us to have a great experience and went out of their way to provide great service.

Can you give me an idea of his rates, please?

He gives a discount if you book several tours with him, Last time I was there (last Nov/Dec) he charged us $600 Euros for a full day.

We have used Fabrizio and his company "All around Italy" for four tours in Italy, twice in Rome and Livorno. As we had visited these places before we were looking to do somthing different on the second occasion, he and his admin assistent Mary were wonderful in advising us of the options available and tayloring the tour around us.

Whilst there are many tour guides with similar comprehensive knowledge of the history and culture of the areas visited, no one we have used before can make the delivery so interesting and enjoyable to listen to.

As others have mentioned he is always full of life, very funny, loves his country and showing it to others.

We would not hesitate to recomend this company to anyone wanting the best days out in Italy.

Mark & Amanda:)

Can't say enough about Fabrizio and his tours. Was fortunate to have been part of a small group on two tours (Livorno - for Tuscany and wine tasting, and Naples for Sorrento, Amalfi coast, Positano and Herculaneum). Knowledgeable, funny and able to bring you to those little out of the way corners you really should see. 6 out of 5 stars

Sid and Karen

Edited by sidvan

• 3 weeks later...

We just spent a day seeing Rome with Fabrizio (All Around Italy) and were very impressed with his energy, knowledge, and good humor. We even saw some sites that were off the beaten track and thoroughly interesting. We would definitely recommend him.

He definitely goes the extra mile for his clients - even got reservations at a restaurant in Positano for us.

Excellent, excellent tour company! I cannot say enough good things about Fabrizio and All Around Italy. I have just returned from Italy and used this company for three consecutive days! Fabrizio gave us wonderful personal service for each of these days and it was excellent. There were no lines - he took care of everything. He knew when to go to avoid the lines. He showed us things that no large tour every could. I always felt 100% safe with him. He is a dear, dear man who loves his job and his country. He made our trip to Italy the wonderful experience that it was. Be sure to ask him for gelato in Rome at Capital Cono!!! Best I have ever had!! Fabrizio, if you read this - "Giorgio" says hi! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Having used Fabrizio in 2009 there was no question that we would use him again when we visited Rome in 2012. Our tour with him in 2009 was to see the sights in central Rome and it was the highlight of our cruise that time. This time he took us on a tour of the countryside. He arranged for the guide in the castle we visited to give the tour in English when they normally only speak in Italian. We went to the most spectacular lunch venue I have ever been to but I can't tell you where it is, it is a secret! I was flying home that day but my son was staying on. Rather than let him get the bus back to Rome from the airport Fabrizio went out of his way to take him to central Rome, give him a quick tour and get tickets for him to avoid queues the next day.

This demonstrates what a great guy Fabrizio is. Knowledgeable and kind, funny and entertaining. In fact, I would advise you to plan a cruise that stopped or started in Rome just so that Fabrizio could show you around!

Edited by PEJ

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my gosh!!!! We just returned from a Med. Cruise aboard NCL Epic and used All Around Italy at all three Italy ports. We had Fabrizio the owner as our guide. He was amazing. I have to say he made our three ports in Italy the high light of our cruise. By the time we left him at the last port, we felt like he was part of our cruise, and were so sad we would not be seeing him again.

Our first port was Naples. We went through Sorenta and stopped at Positano. After sightseeing and shopping we stopped at the most amazing Italian Restaurant overlooking the Amalfi coast. The views and the food, well. . I just cannot stop talking about them. We then went to Pompeii. Wow!!! For this we had a private tour guide, which I highly recommend. Fabrizio had set this all up ahead of time.

Next was Rome. Fabrizio lives in Rome. His love and passion for this city showed the entire day. We saw so much in one day, I cannot even begin to list it all here. Ended with a private tour guide at the Vatican and Vatican Museum, and St. Peter's Square.

3rd port was Livorno, and there was our friend Fabrizio to greet us again that morning. We first went to Pisa, then Florence, which was amazing, and went into the Accademia to see "David". We then drove through Tuscany and visited a winery that also made organic olive oil as well as wine. We, ummmm, order a case of both olive oil and wine to be delivered to our home we we got back (can't wait to receive that).

I just cannot say enough about our three days with Fabrizio and All Around Italy. I know he has another guide we met in Rome, that seemed just as passionate about Rome, but since we did have him as a guide, I really can't comment too much, other than to say I have read other reviews of persons who really like him. I think his name is Pepe (not sure).

I have to share one story. I am a HUUUUUGE Julia Roberts fan. I have watched every movie she has been in at least several times. When we were in Florence, my DH and SIL wanted to tour the church there where the tombs of Galileo, Michelangelo, and others are. I only wanted to walk around the Piazza and shop. So they paid for the entrance at the church, and I just walked around. First I went into the Gelato shop, got myself a wonderful carmel gelato cone and walked around the Piazza and shopped and thought of Julia Roberts in Eat, Pray, Love. You have to be a female and have seen the movie to understand this. Then, when we met up with Fabrizio and I told him my story, he said five or six years ago, when she was pregnant with her twins, Fabrizio was her tour guide. I am just melting while he is telling the story. I hope I not repeating something both Julia or Fabrizio cares if I repeat, but I just have to. Fabrizio said he did not recogize her, so for three days he is driving both Julia and her husband Daniel Moder around and did not know it was her. On the last day, they liked him so much, they wanted to treat him to a dinner at a special restaurant. Again, without knowing who they were, he said, oh that restaurant is so expensive, maybe I could suggest some where else. They said, "oh no", you have been so good to us we really want to treat you there. It was there he finally found out who they were. Again, to know my favorite actress had this same guide. . . . wow, can I say anymore.

Honestly, I am not making this up. . . my time in Italy was just so amazing, and I really do have Fabrizio at All Around Italy to thank!!!