Carry On Luggage

1KDS

I read in one of the Disney Cruise books that there is a size restriction on the bag that you carry on. This was not in the other Disney book that I have and I have not read it on any boards. Can someone tell me if there is a size restriction on the carry on?

Also, I read that it is one carry on per person. My understanding is that if you carry alcohol on it must be in your carry on. Can you bring a seperate carry on for alcohol or does it have to be included in the one carry on per person.

This is my first disney cruise and I just want to be sure I know what I am doing when we board.

thanks for any info.

DCL specifies carryons should not exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep; apparently that is the maximum size their x-ray machines can process.

Personally, I've never seen a one-carryon-per-person stipulation. The contract does mention "Each Guest is allowed to bring aboard the Vessel a reasonable amount of clothing and personal effects, not to exceed two (2) bags per person" but that apparently refers to checked bags.

Not that I recommend it, but I've seen lots of passengers bringing three and four carryon bags through the security checkpoint at the terminal, and nothing has been said to them.

I can't speak for the luggage size for the cruise terminal but as for airlines they have restrictions and do enforce them. Each airline is slightly different so I would check with them as to what their restrictions are. Some are now charging for each checked bag.

Do you know if that is the same for planes too? :confused: Just one carry on per person, and the same size you described? Then only one suit case per person for the planes also right?

Check your airline for rules. They usually have it somewhere on their website. Most will allow a carry on and a personal item...Spirit now charges for carry ons. If it can't fit under the seat, it has to be paid for. Most airline charge for bags. I think southwest might be the only one that doesn't. You can have more than one checked bag, but it wil lcost you for each bag on most airlines. Some airline charge A LOT more for a 2nd check bag for one person.

Archived