Name on reservation and passport different - help

dateacher

So we are leaving on Monday and my DIL just realized her reservation is in her married name and she forgot to change her passport. While she is still looking (unsuccessfully) for her marriage license, has anyone run into this and is there a good solution? I am afraid she may not be able to board the ship.

So we are leaving on Monday and my DIL just realized her reservation is in her married name and she forgot to change her passport. While she is still looking (unsuccessfully) for her marriage license, has anyone run into this and is there a good solution? I am afraid she may not be able to board the ship.

I'm not sure what can be done, unless she finds the marriage license. Generally, names on reservations must match the ID given. You could try giving DCL a call tomorrow (probably closed, and too close to embarkation day, but you never know - someone might be able to help you).

Did she change name on her driver's license? If so, depending on the cruise, that might do the job for her along with either birth certificate or passport as proof of citizenship. The bottom line is to make a call to DCL and ask what documents can rectify the situation. You are not the first person to post this sort of issue, so I'm sure they can tell you exactly what you'll need. They are used to birth certificates not matching driver's licenses...so if your cruise is to the Bahamas or Caribbean, that combination will work. Of course, she probably can't find a birth certificate either.

Thanks for all of your suggestions. The travel agent was able to have them just change her name on the reservation back to her maiden name. It took over an hour on hold with Disney but it seemed to be relatively easy. I think the last minute change must only apply to changing real people and not the one person's name.

Plan B was going to be (for them to pay, not me) for a fourth person in their cabin under the maiden name. That would have been an expensive mistake.