Italy Limousine Service in Naples?

Kfamilycruise

Hi all. Hoping for some weathered travelers to tell me their experience with Italy Limousine. Rome in Limo can't fit us in for our June 2018 Symphony of the Seas cruise (and I thought I was planning way in advance!). We want to do just Pompeii and Capri from Naples. Italy Limousine gets good reviews on a website, but want to make sure that those that have cruised there have had similarly good experiences. There are 6 of us including 3 children.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

Samantha

Whatever supplier you go with, when planning a day like this be sure to ask very specific questions so you're not expecting something that isn't delivered. In particular, if you are expecting anything beyond a drop off at the ferry to Capri you need to be clear about that. They can't bring a car out to the island so if you want service out there and expect them to arrange it for you, ask specifically for that. (Actually, there aren't that many drivable roads on Capri so a car is really only useful for getting from the port up to Capri or Anacapri and back.)

As currently outlined, a morning at Pompei followed by an afternoon on Capri, for most car services this would be a half day job, which may account for them being too busy to fit you in. Full day jobs would take precedence.

Whatever supplier you go with, when planning a day like this be sure to ask very specific questions so you're not expecting something that isn't delivered. In particular, if you are expecting anything beyond a drop off at the ferry to Capri you need to be clear about that. They can't bring a car out to the island so if you want service out there and expect them to arrange it for you, ask specifically for that. (Actually, there aren't that many drivable roads on Capri so a car is really only useful for getting from the port up to Capri or Anacapri and back.)

As currently outlined, a morning at Pompei followed by an afternoon on Capri, for most car services this would be a half day job, which may account for them being too busy to fit you in. Full day jobs would take precedence.

Thanks! They actually have a local guide meet you and take you on a walking tour through Capri and Ana Capri — it should still be a full day for sure. Pompeii includes a guide for the walk through it not just have a driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you have trouble getting this lined up with a car service you can easily do it on your own, hiring guides at Pompei and on Capri but getting yourself from the port to Pompei by train, then train to Sorrento and ferry to Capri and back to Naples.

Thanks. What I was really worried about was getting the six of us to pomeii and back to port of Naples safely. I think we could get to Capri and back on our own, but I loved that they have a local guide to take us through Capri and AnaCapri.

When it is just my husband and I, I feel like we can do it all on our own. With kids, I'm worried every second.

I understand that, I'm just saying that if for some reason you can't find a car service to work with you don't have to give up your plans. The Campania Express train is a world away from the commuter train and makes the trip easy. Also, it's faster to go from Pompei to Sorrento and get the ferry there rather than return to Naples. Every minute counts on a port day!

Hi all. Hoping for some weathered travelers to tell me their experience with Italy Limousine. Rome in Limo can't fit us in for our June 2018 Symphony of the Seas cruise (and I thought I was planning way in advance!). We want to do just Pompeii and Capri from Naples. Italy Limousine gets good reviews on a website, but want to make sure that those that have cruised there have had similarly good experiences. There are 6 of us including 3 children.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

Samantha

I would highly recommend you to book one of those regular excursions to Pompeii and Amalfi coast on this trip and leave Capri for your next cruise. Capri is a full day itself out of Naples and you don't really need a guide in Capri, is a waste of money!