How much time to stay in Venice?

hrmkr

Would we have enough time to properly see Venice?

We are flying into Venice. We land at 9:15 AM. After visiting Venice, we are going to take the high speed train to Rome.

We can either leave Venice the next afternoon or spend another night in Venice and then take an early train to Rome the following day.

Is roughly 24 hours enough time to see Venice or should we spend the extra night there?

Unless it's going to cut short your time in Rome, I'd say the extra night. If it does impact your available time in Rome, then try to get a train as late as manageable on your second day in Venice. You can see a lot in two partial days and one evening -- but if you're flying in from the US, will you be too jet-lagged to be able to appreciate it? :confused:

I would spend the extra night.

Please keep in mind that when you arrive by flight you still need to get over to the hotel and all checked in and you likely will be jet lagged which will catch up to you later in the day.

By staying an extra night you will wake up the next day feeling lots better and have a full day to explore the city.

Keith

My vote is for the extra day/night. Piazza San Marco, Bridge of Sighs, Rialto Bridge, Shopping for Murano Glass and Italian Leather!

Our Med. cruise ended in Venice in 2013. We got into Venice Fri. afternoon and just about everyone on the ship went ashore to shop and explore. DH and I stayed on the ship and had a blast in the pool & hot tub and EVERY employee we encountered asked us "why aren't you ashore"? Because we weren't flying out until TUES!!! We disembarked the ship Sat. a.m., got to hotel, checked in and leisurely explored and ate our way through Venice for 2 1/2 days. It was wonderful.