Oasis of the Seas with 8 month old

joeybee

This October will be my 4th RCI cruise but 1st with baby.

I've done my research but wanted some specifics below answered if poss, plus any great tips if you have cruised with such a young baby. (Though I fear the 8hr flight may be our main hurdle!)

1. Can i get a high chair for the stateroom?

2. Ive read about toy loan but not sure how we reserve/get them.

3. Are there any nursery sessions where parents stay and play?

4. Feeding...if you take powdered formula what water do you use? Did you feed ships food mashed/blended or take baby food on board? Im feeding homemade purees at the moment and hoping baby will be on lumpier meals and finger foods by Oct.

Any other tips please fire away!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Don't know about a high chair in your cabin, but they are avail. at all the restaurants.

You don't have to "reserve" the toys....just go and pick some up...return when you want to change them out!

There is usually a parent/child playtime at some point...check the daily schedule. This ship has a nursery where you can leave your baby for a bit.

The ship's water is fine...it's in the food, beverages and ice. Unless your child is an infant (and since they MUST be 6 months or older to cruise, they aren't "infants" any longer) you really don't need anything special. There are plenty of mashable foods, but if your child likes certain jarred baby foods, bring them.

You may want a blow up tub, if your cabin only has a shower...most young kids don't enjoy showers! Also useful for splashing on the pool deck!

Our son was 13 months old when we sailed on the Allure:

- Yes, there’s a toy lending program, but if you don’t check some out early on the cruise, you may be out of luck.

- Yes, there’s free play time where parents can join their young children. There’s a play area inside Adventure Ocean dedicated to free play time.

- I know that it’s common to recommend bringing an inflatable tub. I would advice against it. Ours proved to be cumbersome and a waste of space. We used it once in the cabin and then put it away. Up on the pool deck, there’s really no space or need for one. One of the great things about Oasis class ships is that they are equipped with splash areas for babies and toddlers still in diapers. Our son loved it.

- The potable water is fine, but if you’d still prefer to have extra peace of mind, you can order bottled water for your cabin which you can then use to prepare foods.

Have a great time but be prepared for a completely different version of a “great time” than what you may have grown accustomed to on previous cruises without a baby in tow![emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums