Roayl Carribean-Radiance of the Seas to New Zealand

cattywal

I'm going on Radiance in March 2019 from Aus to NZ, could I get some tips on the following:

1. Is the kids club strict with age groups (my son has a birthday a month after we return and would really want to be in the next age group with his sister and my friends children)

2. We are stopping at the following ports and would like recommendations of whether to book the onboard tours or just do our own thing Bay of Islands, Auckland, Tauranga, Napier and Picton

3. What power point adapter will I need

4. Any other tips that are helpful would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I'm going on Radiance in March 2019 from Aus to NZ, could I get some tips on the following:

1. Is the kids club strict with age groups (my son has a birthday a month after we return and would really want to be in the next age group with his sister and my friends children)

2. We are stopping at the following ports and would like recommendations of whether to book the onboard tours or just do our own thing Bay of Islands, Auckland, Tauranga, Napier and Picton

Thanks

What age group is your son in? We just sailed on Radiance in Alaska, and they had Explorers and Voyagers combined for the entire cruise (6-8 and 9-11).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for your reply @ RSLeesburg. He is on the tail end of 5 so would be in the 3-5 age group. He won't cope being with the young ones though as he thinks he's 10 haha. Hoping I'll be able to move him up :)

You can ask the AO manager. Sometimes they will let kids do trial run in the higher age group. It never hurts to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks

The fewer children on the ship, the more likely it is that your son can join his sister and friends.

Look into what your options are for the ports. Certainly, it is almost always more cost effective for a couple of families to book tours on their own. The only times we book ships tours is if we want to visit someplace far from the port and/or if the port time is short and we are afraid of making it back on time. Ship’s tours give peace of mind in those cases.

If you are traveling from North America, you will not need power adaptors as the Radiance was built for this market.

My one suggestion is to take something for seasickness with you. We sailed from Seattle, WA to Sydney and even though we had been at sea for more than three weeks, quite a few folks got sick crossing the Tasman Sea. It has a roll that can affect a lot of people. I just use ginger capsules.

Thanks for your reply Sunfun19.

I'm travelling from Australia so guessing I will need an American adaptor?

To confirm which adaptor is needed, check on the forum for Australian cruises here on cruise critic. Also, any luggage store should be able to help you. From the adaptor sets I have seen/purchased, they all have a full set of adaptors so you can travel the world and have what you need.