MSC Lirica UAE cruise 7th-18th Feb 2019

EssG

Hubby and I have just booked this 11 day cruise from Dubai .... Hubby would love to book a fishing trip in one of the ports (Fishing in the Arabia Sea is apparently amazing) but all the charters are priced for 3 or more, so if there is any one here also booked on that cruise and wanting to talk about booking a joined fishing charter, please let me know.clear.png?emoji-cool-1690

The Louvre in Abu Dhabi and the grand Mosque

Dhow cruise in Khasab to see the dolphins and watch the smuggling boats sail about an hour before sunset

Wildlife tour at Sir Bani Yas Island

Dubai miracle garden if it is open when you visit

Souk in Muscat, an easy walk from the port

The Louvre in Abu Dhabi and the grand Mosque

Dhow cruise in Khasab to see the dolphins and watch the smuggling boats sail about an hour before sunset

Wildlife tour at Sir Bani Yas Island

Dubai miracle garden if it is open when you visit

Souk in Muscat, an easy walk from the port

Thanks for that Haworth , much appreciated ...will go and do my research on them. :D

The miracle garden is beautiful, it was open when we visited in March. We did high tea at the Burj Kalif, highly recommend it. We did a dune jeep tour in Qatar which was excellent, although not for the faint hearted!

It's a stunning region and we thoroughly enjoyed it .

The miracle garden is beautiful, it was open when we visited in March. We did high tea at the Burj Kalif, highly recommend it. We did a dune jeep tour in Qatar which was excellent, although not for the faint hearted!

Thanks CruisingFox27, great to know ....We def want to do the jeep tour of the dessert somewhere as well .....what currency is charged onboard Lirica and and in each port?

Hi Ess .... In Muscat 6 of us hired a taxi van for about six hours, the guy we hired was great and took us to a lot of places including a beach, the palace and the Souk. In Dubai we went to the Gold market, the Dubai Mall and hired a boat between four of us for a couple of hours sailing up and down the river.

We did the desert safari and beach day, it's quite an adventure of the dunes.

The on-board currency was Euros. We had UAD as we were staying in Dubai post cruise but never used any currency other than that.

Thanks CruisingFox

Hi Ess .... In Muscat 6 of us hired a taxi van for about six hours, the guy we hired was great and took us to a lot of places including a beach, the palace and the Souk. In Dubai we went to the Gold market, the Dubai Mall and hired a boat between four of us for a couple of hours sailing up and down the river.

Do you have contact details Dave, or did you just pick taxi's up at the port? We have a total of 3 days onboard (4th day is disembarking) in Dubai so will be trying to do something different each day. Great to have some places to research.

Hi Ess ... At Oman we just asked the drivers outside the port gate and found one who was happy with what we wanted to pay, in Dubai we took a Taxi tour again for six of us for a few hours and got dropped off at the Gold Souk, later four of us went to the Dubai Mall by taxi.

What are your ports ?

Hi Ess ... At Oman we just asked the drivers outside the port gate and found one who was happy with what we wanted to pay, in Dubai we took a Taxi tour again for six of us for a few hours and got dropped off at the Gold Souk, later four of us went to the Dubai Mall by taxi.

What are your ports ?

Dubai (first two days) Abu Dhab, Sir Ben Yas Is, Khasab, Muscat, Bahrain, Doha and then two days back in port in Dubai again Dave...would love to know what, from your experience is a fair amount to pay for for the trips so we know what to offer.

Hi Ess ... I cannot recall how much we paid pp to be honest, fairly sure it was not a high price with there being quite a few of us, only been to two of your stops which are Dubai and Oman as we had sailed from Venice to Dubai, our other stops in Oman prior to Muscat were called Salalah and Kor Al Fakkan.

Hi Ess ... I cannot recall how much we paid pp to be honest, fairly sure it was not a high price with there being quite a few of us, only been to two of your stops which are Dubai and Oman as we had sailed from Venice to Dubai, our other stops in Oman prior to Muscat were called Salalah and Kor Al Fakkan.

Thanks Dave...will do some research and see what I can come up with ...where are you off to next?

Singapore in September for four days for the Formula 1 GP and then a short four night cruise on Voyager of the Seas to Kuala Lumpur and Phucket.

Then upto now the 10 night Xmas Divina sailing on December 20th.

Singapore in September for four days for the Formula 1 GP and then a short four night cruise on Voyager of the Seas to Kuala Lumpur and Phucket.

Then upto now the 10 night Xmas Divina sailing on December 20th.

Wowo..lots to look forward too :hearteyes:. Mark is super jealous re F1 ...loves it just about as much as fishing ;)

• 5 months later...
On 7/11/2018 at 5:32 AM, CruisingFox27 said:

I am a tad confused re where high tea is held. 

Information I found has the tea happening at:

HIGH TEA AT SAHN EDDAR

and another at what I think is a bar on 
27th floor, Burj Al Arab Jumeirah

Please share a little information on your experience