Biggest Con

soloadventurer

In all my years of cruising ive never seen this Con in all my life.

I love cruising with MSC but this takes the biscuit.

You see the little extra sign at booking and you think you're getting a drinks package it even has the drinks package photo

Oh no wait

"HOT DRINKS AND WATER INCLUDED

Complimentary mineral water, American coffee and/or tea during lunch and dinner in main dining room. reserved only for uk/irl guests"

YOU GET WATER and TEA and COFFEE on every cruise across the board FREE !!!

Please catch yourselves on !!!:mad:

Would you rather pay for water, tea and coffee in the dining rooms on your cruise? It's a benefit for UK/IRL markets, and shows MSC improving their product and responding to criticism. With the exception of Caribbean cruises, passengers booking from the rest of Europe are paying for bottles of mineral water in the restaurants.

It just takes one click to find out what you are getting, and this has always been the case for promotions where you probably wanted to know if you were just getting the mealtime drinks package, or the all inclusive package.

My opinion - I fail to see how anyone can see this as a con, or anything other than a benefit. If you want to search for cruises that include a full drinks package (depending on the cabin type booked), you can select 'get more get all' from the cruise deals menu, or wait until the next promotion that includes it on all sailings (the last two years this was offered on fantastica bookings made between Christmas and February)

With the exception of Caribbean cruises, passengers booking from the rest of Europe are paying for bottles of mineral water in the restaurants.

Make it rest of the world. I am cruising with MSC for many, many years and never ever got any free water or other drink in the MDR. Not in Norway, not in Italy, not in the Caribbean. And never met others who got, I only know about this promos for US and UK from this board.

Also I don´t expect it, would be great to have, but definitely then the MSC cruise prices would go up also.

Why do you think that's a bad thing? If it's good, how can it be a con?

In this case, the use of 'con' is a semantics thing. For native English speakers, the use 'con' to mean being deceived into thinking something is good/free when it isn't. Not used in the pro/con meaning. EM

In this case, the use of 'con' is a semantics thing. For native English speakers, the use 'con' to mean being deceived into thinking something is good/free when it isn't. Not used in the pro/con meaning. EM

Thank you for clarify it but I don't think that I missnderstood the OP. Maybe I wasn't clear what I meant, after rereading my post I understand that I wasn't very clear.

Didn't the OP said that it was a con when they said that hot drinks and water is included because according to the OP that's always included? So it's a con, or decieving, to say that something extra is given when it isn't, according to the OP.

I feel that it's not a con, or decieving, because more things than normal is included just like MSC say. More things are included and that must be a good thing.

In all my years of cruising ive never seen this Con in all my life.

I love cruising with MSC but this takes the biscuit.

You see the little extra sign at booking and you think you're getting a drinks package it even has the drinks package photo

Oh no wait

"HOT DRINKS AND WATER INCLUDED

Complimentary mineral water, American coffee and/or tea during lunch and dinner in main dining room. reserved only for uk/irl guests"

YOU GET WATER and TEA and COFFEE on every cruise across the board FREE !!!

Please catch yourselves on !!!:mad:

what board you get free mineral water? :confused:

True, but con in either sense is wildly inappropriate to this situation. I have no tolerance for people who label anything they don't like as a scam or a con.

In the UK a con is someone ripping you off.

IMO what the op says is certainly not a Con.

Hi....on our previous MSC cruises water....tea & coffee were NOT included in the MDR...it was an extra you had to pay for. Didn't affect us as we already had the full AI package. The OP is incorrect in saying it is a con.

MSC may be the only cruise line that doesn't offer water...tea & coffee in the MDR in the cruise fare.

Hi....on our previous MSC cruises water....tea & coffee were NOT included in the MDR...it was an extra you had to pay for. Didn't affect us as we already had the full AI package. The OP is incorrect in saying it is a con.

MSC may be the only cruise line that doesn't offer water...tea & coffee in the MDR in the cruise fare.

I suppose you could say.

They are taking the water.

UK phrase.

I do not drink water, tea or coffee and when I saw the ‘drinks package’ included, I naturally assumed it meant beer, wine and spirits.

What a disappointment when I clicked on the symbol to find out the truth. It is definitely a con and deceitful.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I do not drink water, tea or coffee and when I saw the ‘drinks package’ included, I naturally assumed it meant beer, wine and spirits.

What a disappointment when I clicked on the symbol to find out the truth. It is definitely a con and deceitful.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I totally agree. I don't normally drink coffee or tea after a meal and am happy to drink tap water.

I totally agree. I don't normally drink coffee or tea after a meal and am happy to drink tap water.

I might have misunderstand it since I book YC but isn't tap water one of the things you now get? Don't you like that you now will be served that with your meals?