Late dining on Seaview

Chip28

We have recently booked a cruise on Seaview and another on Preziosa and have opted for late dining as we have always dined around 8 or 8.30 on other cruise lines. I have now read that on MSC (as its a Italian line) the late dining is 9.30! Could anyone that has been on Seaview confirm whether this is the case as I would need to change to the earlier sitting.

Many thanks for your help

Thank you - From the Daily Planner I see that there are two different restaurants Golden Sands and Silver Dolphin. Golden Sands have dinner times as 17.45, 19.45 & 21.45 Silver Dolphin has times as 18.00, 20.00 & 22.00. We only had the choice of early or late (and there seems to be 3 options) . If we have requested late dining would that mean 21.45 or 22.00 depending on the restaurant? How could we choose 19.45 or 20.00, is that early or late dining? I am very confused

Yes ... unfortunately MSC hasn't caught up with itself, yet. :rolleyes: The new ships all have 3 dining times, now, but you still only get the choice of early or late, with no option to choose the 'mid' time. Another downside is that you don't know what you've been allocated until you embark, which necessitates a visit to the m'D to request a change if what you've been allocated doesn't suit you.

That’s a nuisance but hopefully we will be able to change if we get a time that doesn’t suit. The Italians Spanish etc like to eat really late (some restaurants in Madrid don’t even open till 9!) so we may be lucky as it’s a Med cruise.

Thanks for such a swift response it is much appreciated

I have had this question about the Seaside as well. I too chose the late dining, but that was when they had just the 2 dining options. We don't like to eat early, but the latest dining option now is too late for my liking. I just figured I would have to go to the maître D as soon as we board, hoping to get the middle dining option.

We have recently booked a cruise on Seaview and another on Preziosa and have opted for late dining as we have always dined around 8 or 8.30 on other cruise lines. I have now read that on MSC (as its a Italian line) the late dining is 9.30! Could anyone that has been on Seaview confirm whether this is the case as I would need to change to the earlier sitting.

Many thanks for your help

We too have the same problem but opposite , we booked early dining thinking it would be 6.30pm as late is usually 8.30 (on other MSC ships ive been on) we also only had an option of early or late and the early is too early if youve been off the ship all day . the middle option would be our preference 7.45,