MSC Seaside YC and champagne at dinner?

rose102798

Wait a minute. As someone who's checking out the YC experience, I thought one of the perks was free unlimited alcohol. Are there restrictions on certain types of drinks?

bottles of wine, yes you pay.

Wait a minute. As someone who's checking out the YC experience, I thought one of the perks was free unlimited alcohol. Are there restrictions on certain types of drinks?

Somebody recently posted what drinks and wine was included and what would cost extra, very large selection was on list for not being included, was disapppointed in small wine list that was included. Never heard of the 30 percent off can someone confirm that? We are booked for 2019 on YC.

Can you order a bottle of say “Cristal” at dinner in the Yacht Club?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had a couple of glasses each of Nicolas Feuillatte Champagne on our March Seaside YC B2B each night. They iced it table side. There was no charge; but it is not an expensive beverage to begin with compared to 10X Cristal.

We were wondering if anyone knows from experience if you can order and purchase the higher end bottles of champagne at the dinner table in the yacht club. Or if we purchase from champagne bar and carry it in? Guess we will find out when we get there.

We were wondering if anyone knows from experience if you can order and purchase the higher end bottles of champagne at the dinner table in the yacht club. Or if we purchase from champagne bar and carry it in? Guess we will find out when we get there.

Your server or the wine sommelier will be able to get it for you. You can also order it the day before and have it waiting for you.

Yacht Club doesn't served champagne at dinner. However once I asked the waiter for a glass of champagne. The waiter went off and see the YC sommelier. The sommelier goes to our table and after a friendly chat ( we see him every day at the YC restaurant ) he ordered the waiter to get a bottle of champage from the special glass refrigerator and served us a fine glass of champage. The sommelier wishes us a great evening and went off. Without extra charge of course.

It's funny ... it was only our second YC cruise - Divina and then Seaside but the wait staff and sommelier (same on both ships!) knew that I always wanted to start with a glass of Nicolas Feuillatte when I sat down.

We had generously tipped, well, everyone at the end of our Divina cruise and we had ridiculously long (sorry other diners!) talks with the sommelier about her background, training and personal likes and dislikes.

We shared a lot of common likes and on the final night of the cruise, she greeted me with her usual big smile and said that she had a lovely prosecco that I would like. I smiled equally wide and said: "that's wonderful. I'll have a glass of the Nicolas Feuilatte please"!

My partner said she looked like one of our cats when denied a kitty treat!

ps ... while it's not on the YC menu, Nicolas Feuillatte was most definitely available by request! (well, it was in any case back in February - I will report back in a few months time!)

We saw another post which claimed that Nicolas Feuillatte is no longer on the YC booze list and has been replaced with some kind of house brand. If true that would be a major cut-back.

Hank

We saw another post which claimed that Nicolas Feuillatte is no longer on the YC booze list and has been replaced with some kind of house brand. If true that would be a major cut-back.

Hank

That is what I overheard the waiter saying that it was asti or some house brand champagne but not Nicholas anymore. As wife and I do not drink champagne, I did not ask.

Please post what is your experience with the million dollar champagne question.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We were wondering if anyone knows from experience if you can order and purchase the higher end bottles of champagne at the dinner table in the yacht club. Or if we purchase from champagne bar and carry it in? Guess we will find out when we get there. Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Rose,

You certainly can order the high end bottles in the YC dining room...but you will be charged. I know that last year if you had the Deluxe Package...same as YC...that they discounted each bottle by 30%.

I just checked the MSC web site and it says the All Inclusive Premium package gives you a 30% discount on all bottles of Champagne and wine.

Edited by CGTNORMANDIE

On the Seaside June 9 sailing, there was no sommelier in the YC dining room. Wines were suggested for the featured meals, though it seemed you could ask for others. We aren’t wine drinkers ourselves, so it wasn’t an issue for us. I did not see any champagne in the YC, but plenty of prosecco.

Hank

Nicolas Feuilatte is nice but one of the cheapest champagnes. If the house brand is Champagne, and not another kind of sparkling wine, it's not necessary a cut-back.

On Meraviglia last summer Laurent Perrier was included in the Champagne bar and Nicolas Feuilatte in the other bars. Laurent Perrier is a better Champagne than Nicolas Feuilatte.

Hi Bea,

Don't they give you a 30% discount??? If that's the case then you can get Moet for $40??? Not bad at all!

I agree - though we often end up with a complimentary bottle of Moet, anyway. :D

We got one on our recent cruise in April last which led to a very funny incident. Hopefully the OP won't mind me sharing it here, even if it's not quite on-topic.

We brought the bottle to dinner (in YC) one night and the sommelier placed it in an ice-bucket (though didn't place it beside us). At one point I saw a waiter bring a bottle over to a table beside us and fill a couple's glasses with Moet; just as I was thinking they must also have a bottle, the waiter sauntered past our table, bottle in hand, ready to top up others' glasses at other tables. I stopped him as he passed and asked if he knew if that was our bottle he was sharing around. He looked at me, perplexed, so I called the sommelier over to have the matter clarified. Turns out, the waiter thought it was for everyone, because of where the sommelier had originally left it. Meantime, the couple who had been recipients were very embarrassed (we found that out later - they apologised to the sommelier on their way out, though not to us!). The sommelier graciously opened another bottle and placed it next to us to prevent any more faux pas.

ps ... while it's not on the YC menu, Nicolas Feuillatte was most definitely available by request! (well, it was in any case back in February - I will report back in a few months time!)

Same situation on Spendida on the repo to Japan in April.

One night in TSL, I asked for a glass of Nic; the barman said it wasn't included. A discussion ensued which caught the attention of the senior lounge butler who arrived over to see what the problem was. In the meantime, another butler had gone to find the head butler, so we ended up with him, 2 butlers and the barman dealing with it. Both the head butler and the senior one (who was the best butler ever!) agreed that it was included and so I got my glass of Nic.

The next night, in L'Olivo, I told the sommelier about the incident. He assured me that Nicholas Feuillatte was, indeed, included and he insisted on bringing me a glass every evening after that!

However, it looks like it may no longer be available. Personally, I don't think it'll be any loss; it's not a particularly good champagne, anyway. I'll be watching this subject with interest; our next YC cruise isn't 'til September '19 (as our next 2 cruises are YC-free ships) so I've a way to go before finding out for myself.

However, it looks like it may no longer be available. Personally, I don't think it'll be any loss; it's not a particularly good champagne, anyway. I'll be watching this subject with interest; our next YC cruise isn't 'til September '19 (as our next 2 cruises are YC-free ships) so I've a way to go before finding out for myself.

Is it replaced with another brand of Champagne? If it's just gone it's a big loss! No included Champagne is a big loss even if I can afford to pay for it!

Is it replaced with another brand of Champagne?

According to frank808 who overheard a waiter saying it - he's been on Seaside for the last couple of weeks. I hope you'll come on and let us know what your experience is on your next cruise, SC. I know it's not for several more months, yet, but it's still a lot earlier than our next YC sailing.

I do hope so. It would seem strange that champagne was included across the ship on Divina (with the Premium drinks package), only for it not to be in the YC... bizarre!

The sommelier on Splendida said the same thing to me when discussing the various wines available in venues other than the Yacht Club. He said he's always making the point with MSC that YC guests should be able to have anything that's included elsewhere on the ship.

The sommelier on Splendida said the same thing to me when discussing the various wines available in venues other than the Yacht Club. He said he's always making the point with MSC that YC guests should be able to have anything that's included elsewhere on the ship.

It must be very frustrating for the staff - they recognise the incongruities and ridiculousness of top-level MSC policies, and yet are unable to incite change.

As with most companies, it’s these ‘ground-level’ staff that know best what the consumer wants.

I am slightly worried that the YC experience is being watered down, having bought into it at the peak of Seaside hype. Hopefully I’m just being unnecessarily pessimistic!

I am slightly worried that the YC experience is being watered down, having bought into it at the peak of Seaside hype. Hopefully I’m just being unnecessarily pessimistic!

I can understand your concern as recent postings about what's being withdrawn for YC guests gives the impression that things are, indeed, being "watered down". However, crepes weren't available on Fantasia-class ships (unless you count those awful, frozen, nutella offerings! :rolleyes:) nor were they included on Meraviglia and it didn't lessen the experience. If they're not included on Seaside, it's not a huge loss. I personally wouldn't be getting too upset over something that might only cost a few dollars to buy, anyway. Same with the champagne - would it be a major loss if it wasn't available?

YC is an amazing experience and will be no less so without crepes and champagne. Just enjoy all the other amenities on offer. I sincerely hope that you do. :)