New York rental scooter location for Breakaway

Disabled Cruise Travel
Cruisers with physical limitations share their advice & experiences.
Cruise Critic Disabled Cruise Resources
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:51 PM.
30 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
Can anyone tell me where I will pick up my rental scooter in New York for Breakaway from Special Needs at Sea. On the invoice it reads pick-up in Kiosk. Where is the Kiosk?

The invoice also reads the scooter will be delivered to my room. Any idea which is correct?

If I need an extension cord to charge my scooter, will a regular cord wok? I wasn't able to get an accessible stateroom so I know space will be tight..
6,978 Posts
Joined May 2009
Originally posted by collboy
Can anyone tell me where I will pick up my rental scooter in New York for Breakaway from Special Needs at Sea. On the invoice it reads pick-up in Kiosk. Where is the Kiosk?

The invoice also reads the scooter will be delivered to my room. Any idea which is correct?

If I need an extension cord to charge my scooter, will a regular cord wok? I wasn't able to get an accessible stateroom so I know space will be tight..
Only Special Needs at Seas can tell you with any certainty as to which is correct on the contract ...Pick-up at Kiosk or Delivered Directly to your cabin so suggest you call them directly. If it's to be picked up at Kiosk SpecialNeedsatSea can also tell you the location. Though never cruised out of New York in the ports that I have cruised where there's been a kiosk it's usually outside of the terminal somewhere close to the terminal entry .

Extension cords are on the list of contraband items for most cruise lines. If an extension cord is needed you're best to ask the cabin attendant so that you have an extension cord that's approved by the cruise line.
New England, USA
1,294 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
Ours was delivered to our cabin on our Breakaway cruise. This was about 4 yrs ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Quantum of the Seas Inaugural - 11/23/14; Norwegian Breakaway Inaugural to Bermuda - 5/12/13; Allure of the Seas - 5/11; Oasis of the Seas Inaugural Voyage - 12/5/09; Jewel of the Seas - Boston to Bermuda 10/09; Liberty of the Seas - 9/07; Liberty of the Seas - AAA pre-inaugural NJ 5/6/07; Disney Wonder - 10/06; Jewel of the Seas - 12/05
6,978 Posts
Joined May 2009
Originally posted by berbet
Ours was delivered to our cabin on our Breakaway cruise. This was about 4 yrs ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
OP Collboy already cruised. Cruise was on February 2, 2018.