Crossdressing (Male -> Female)

nitesbane

Hey everyone, as you all know, gender orientation doesn't necessarily have anything at all to do with sexual preference. However, I thought this forum would be the CLOSEST one for me to post in, so please bear with me.

Whether you're straight, gay, whatever, reading this, I wanted to know if anyone had any experience either crossdressing themselves, or with a travel mate, or someone perhaps they even got to know relatively well while cruising. I'll be aboard an NCL ship, not that it really matters.

I was just curious as to how things might get sticky when cruise employees scan your ID card, what kind of reactions/acceptance among other cruisers, etc.

I go ALL out and am actually pretty passable, despite being almost 6'2" (I can't wear very high heels without absolutely TOWERING over almost everyone, though *Sad Face*). Still, those more perceptive/cynical could read me, and again, the whole cruise ID thing.

Anyone shed any info/experiences/advice for me, please?

Hey everyone, as you all know, gender orientation doesn't necessarily have anything at all to do with sexual preference. However, I thought this forum would be the CLOSEST one for me to post in, so please bear with me.

Whether you're straight, gay, whatever, reading this, I wanted to know if anyone had any experience either crossdressing themselves, or with a travel mate, or someone perhaps they even got to know relatively well while cruising. I'll be aboard an NCL ship, not that it really matters.

I was just curious as to how things might get sticky when cruise employees scan your ID card, what kind of reactions/acceptance among other cruisers, etc.

I go ALL out and am actually pretty passable, despite being almost 6'2" (I can't wear very high heels without absolutely TOWERING over almost everyone, though *Sad Face*). Still, those more perceptive/cynical could read me, and again, the whole cruise ID thing.

It’s been my experience, on NCL at least that the crew is very accepting.i don’t think you’ll have a problem on the ship. But you may have an issue getting on and off t the various ports if your presentation does not match your government ID/passport or the name on your room key. You might want to try you cruise line’s accessibility desk to get better clarification..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've not had any difficulties on board QM2 - even attending a 'senior officers party' in the Queens Room before dinner. No problems with other onboard interactions and purchases. This included a portrait session with the 'Ships Photographer' concession - and they took the time to clean up the beard shadow flash pictures always seem to bring out.

Embarcation / disembarcation and shore excursions are all in 'guy mode', as are visits to the Ship's spa and pools.

I did have a minor problem on my first cruise. My wife left her ship's card in the room and mine was demagnetized by the clasp on my evening bag. The folks at the purser's desk had no difficulty re-encoding the card. [even with heavy makeup I still look like my picture]. The lesson here is to avoid evening bags with magnetic catches.

I've not had any difficulties on board QM2 - even attending a 'senior officers party' in the Queens Room before dinner. No problems with other onboard interactions and purchases. This included a portrait session with the 'Ships Photographer' concession - and they took the time to clean up the beard shadow flash pictures always seem to bring out.

Embarcation / disembarcation and shore excursions are all in 'guy mode', as are visits to the Ship's spa and pools.

I did have a minor problem on my first cruise. My wife left her ship's card in the room and mine was demagnetized by the clasp on my evening bag. The folks at the purser's desk had no difficulty re-encoding the card. [even with heavy makeup I still look like my picture]. The lesson here is to avoid evening bags with magnetic catches.

This is good to know. It's nice to hear from someone who has had experiences that I will encounter.

Although I hardly look like myself when I am en femme, if someone were to compare and look hard, I'm sure they could tell. I did plan on being in male mode while and barking and disembarking. It sounds like you already knew this, but I was basically planning on being dressed up while only on the boat. This includes going to events (I have a couple of ravishing white dresses I have to choose from for the white-hot party), to dining, etc.

Thanks again for sharing your experiences and advice.

• 3 weeks later...
Just a quick post of support - hoping your experience goes well/went well

Deise, just dressed up last night and no problems. Had a lot of fun at the Night Out Dance Party. I am too cheap to pay for I so I am catching up from getting cell service while in Port Canaveral.

Thanks!