Queen Mary 2 Westbound T/A Sept 24, 2019 from Hamburg

Bigmike911

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey just saying hello bigmike! We met on Victoria, think it was 2011. Mike (& Jeff):D

Hi guys, nice to hear from you. How are you doing? I just got home from a long week in London, and had a terrific time.

As you can see, I am doing more sailing next year this time solo. I started out with a west bound TA from Southampton, and then discovered I could the the accommodation I wanted if I sailed from Hamburg, which we did last year. So I amended my booking.

Two weeks ago at dinner with some English pals, they said they were going to book the four day short break in conjunction with this crossing. Southampton-Hamburg-Southampton.

That night I went back to the hotel and e-mailed my travel agent in California, to book me on the Southampton to Hamburg portion as a separate booking, just in case they changed their minds later. I had a spare future cruise credit to use. The next morning checking my mail, she confirmed she had (the advantage of being 8 hours off between California and London).

I rationalized that sailing was easier than flying from London to Hamburg, getting a taxi to the hotel and then to Steinwerder, and while it cost four times as much, missing the wear and tear on my body and soul are worth it.

I hope some time in the future to see you both again. Cheers Mike.