World cruise segments, excursion question

Thatname

Bookings for shore excursions and dining reservations open xx days before sailing, but what happens when your cruise is also a segment of a world cruise?

Obviously the world cruisers xx days beforehand will be much earlier than the xx days for people just doing a segment.

Do the people on the world cruise get all the best, or are some held back for each segment?

Bookings for shore excursions and dining reservations open xx days before sailing, but what happens when your cruise is also a segment of a world cruise?

Obviously the world cruisers xx days beforehand will be much earlier than the xx days for people just doing a segment.

Do the people on the world cruise get all the best, or are some held back for each segment?

Good question but this will be the first time that Viking has offered segments on a World Cruise so nobody is going to be answer this one from experience. Perhaps you should discuss this with the good folks at tellus@vikingcruises.com. These are the same people who I would contact if I were having trouble booking a particular excursion, to find out if they were planning to add more places on the tour I was interested in. Also, there in most cases will be the opportunity to re-arrange your excursion bookings once you board the ship.

We've recently booked the Durban S.A. to Greenwich (London) leg of the 2019 World Cruise. I'd been wondering about trips too, but have decided to leave it until our xx day booking slot arrives and see what happens. To be honest, we're most looking forward to the 7 or 8 days relaxing at sea!

I spoke with TellUs representative a few days ago.

Worldcruisers have priority and segmenters have leftover excursions. We have Miami to South America segment where some excursions or preferable time already sold out.

Unfortunately we didn't know this before booking :(

I have been assured, by those on last years journey, that invariably it all evens out ,and we will be unlikely to miss excursions. Already many shore excursions, like the Safari excursions show Booked Out, but when I contacted Viking they say they will become available nearer the time.. Until your date for booking excursions, one will never know, and by then we are committed, but I have been assured ,by those who have gone before and found it was okay. I would be bitterly disappointed to think otherwise..56 days is a lengthy cruise ,with Africa the focus, so lets hope for the best...and some efficient and fair juggling, on the part of Viking Ocean..