Shade on our balcony?

teamflames

We are cruising on the Star around the Caribbean, we are in a DV1 on deck 8, will our balcony have any shade cover?

Thanks

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

teamflames,

The short answer is "yes" and "no". As an explanation, a large portion of this repositioning cruise is North to South. The last couple of days are sailing in a Northerly direction to reach Miami. So, depending on which side of the ship you are on, that will determine if your half day of shade is in the morning or afternoon.

By the way, we are on Deck 8 too for the Star's 10/18 cruise from NYC to Miami via Bermuda and the Caribbean Sea.

Senior Gators

I just checked my photos to see if I had a close-up of the ship that would show the balconies on Deck 8. Alas, I have nothing that will answer the question and the photos on the Viking website are from too far away to judge. But maybe there is someone on board now who will take a picture or there is someone who has already taken such a picture and can share it.

It looks like the roof on the veranda only covers half on deck 8. I found a picture but didn’t want to copy it due to copyright concerns.

Go to cruiseind.com

Double click the NEWS+ tab

At the bottom go to page 2

In the article on the Viking Orion delivery is a good picture of the upper decks.

You can see from the shadow the cover on deck 8 only goes halfway out over the veranda. The DV1 cabins are the 3rd and 4th from the left.

I hope that helps. Enjoy your cruise.

I just checked my photos to see if I had a close-up of the ship that would show the balconies on Deck 8. Alas, I have nothing that will answer the question and the photos on the Viking website are from too far away to judge. But maybe there is someone on board now who will take a picture or there is someone who has already taken such a picture and can share it.

There is a good photo of the 5110 and 5111 as well as other deck overhangs on this blog...

https://viking-cruises-cabin-guide.blogspot.com/p/cabins-to-avioid.html

We had a PS1 on deck 8 of the Star, whilst the balcony in that room was wider than the nearby DV1s the depth of the balcony is exactly the same. The best photo I have seen of the deck 9 overhang in relation to balcony is on the same blog OneSixtyToOne mentioned but on the page about the penthouse jr suites...this is the link to the specific photo which I believe would be helpful https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rvK6m4kPVqM/WwEjyIqzDXI/AAAAAAAADa0/0olp6cnOlqA5i2Ub9kMqarJe8kDXAjbBACLcBGAs/s1600/12.jpg

We had a PS1 on deck 8 of the Star, whilst the balcony in that room was wider than the nearby DV1s the depth of the balcony is exactly the same. The best photo I have seen of the deck 9 overhang in relation to balcony is on the same blog OneSixtyToOne mentioned but on the page about the penthouse jr suites...this is the link to the specific photo which I believe would be helpful https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rvK6m4kPVqM/WwEjyIqzDXI/AAAAAAAADa0/0olp6cnOlqA5i2Ub9kMqarJe8kDXAjbBACLcBGAs/s1600/12.jpg

Perfect, thank you so much

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums