Mysterious Charges After Cruise

Selbourne

Just for information, I wasn't able to get a copy of our final onboard statement on disembarkstion on 1/07 on Ventura. A day or two after we got home, I emailed P&O customer services and they have sent me, by attatchment, a copy of that account. For once can I praise P&O for good service.

Also, knowing the system, on reaching our cabin for the first time, one of my jobs is to put all the contents of the 'fridge in the plastic box under the bed. Seems to work, we've never had any charge for cabin drinks at all.

Hi...as this thread is continuing it seems like some comments make it sound like we could have been forgetful over odd items and that is accounting for the mysterious charge. This is not what this thread is about. It is about an unauthorised charge going onto your credit card that only becomes apparent when you arrive home and that P&O are aware of it.

In my case and I would think in OP's case it is not through our " forgetfulness". I never purchase water or any drink to take ashore...I never have ordered room service on any cruise line. The drinks I purchase at the bars are all accounted for and tally with my receipts...everything is correct but still this mysterious charge went on my credit card when I arrived home. It is being said that it is for cabin drinks but even that point is only a maybe...no one seems to know for sure what it is for.

Hi...as this thread is continuing it seems like some comments make it sound like we could have been forgetful over odd items and that is accounting for the mysterious charge. This is not what this thread is about. It is about an unauthorised charge going onto your credit card that only becomes apparent when you arrive home and that P&O are aware of it.

In my case and I would think in OP's case it is not through our " forgetfulness". I never purchase water or any drink to take ashore...I never have ordered room service on any cruise line. The drinks I purchase at the bars are all accounted for and tally with my receipts...everything is correct but still this mysterious charge went on my credit card when I arrived home. It is being said that it is for cabin drinks but even that point is only a maybe...no one seems to know for sure what it is for.

There was a long thread on RC and everyone said it was a drink charge from room service and because this has happened to us on P&O as well as RCCL I am convinced that this is what has happened here.

It only stopped when the big bottles of still water were removed from the cabin's.

I'm sure crew move between cruiselines so the way to do this can be passed on.

Hi....I don't doubt for one moment that it is happening on other cruise lines. You could be right about the litre bottles of water but I don't have mine left in the cabin....it is removed....upon my request....along with everything else in the fridge on arrival. The only drinks left are the two small complimentary bottles of water.

Correct. I don’t doubt that the charges are for room service items, mini bar or bottled water but, like you, we didn’t use the mini bar (we never do), nor the large bottle of water and our on board account was 100% correct to our actual spend when we went to bed the last night. We consumed nothing chargeable from that point on, yet the spurious charge appeared a few days later - as it seems to do on every one of our cruises now.

So, no, it’s not forgetfulness on our part, but an error on P&O’s part, as admitted to me by them and acknowledged by a refund, apology and some additional OBC for our next cruise.

Hi....I don't doubt for one moment that it is happening on other cruise lines. You could be right about the litre bottles of water but I don't have mine left in the cabin....it is removed....upon my request....along with everything else in the fridge on arrival. The only drinks left are the two small complimentary bottles of water.
Lots of people said on the RC thread they had the bottles removed but were still charged and it only stopped when RC corporate in Miami faced a mutiny and removed the bottled water from the cabin's.

Correct. I don’t doubt that the charges are for room service items, mini bar or bottled water but, like you, we didn’t use the mini bar (we never do), nor the large bottle of water and our on board account was 100% correct to our actual spend when we went to bed the last night. We consumed nothing chargeable from that point on, yet the spurious charge appeared a few days later - as it seems to do on every one of our cruises now.

So, no, it’s not forgetfulness on our part, but an error on P&O’s part, as admitted to me by them and acknowledged by a refund, apology and some additional OBC for our next cruise.

Selbourne the exact same thing happened to us 4 times on RC and many posters posted the exact thing you are posting about not using the water and some took the bottles to Guest Services because they didn't want them and still got charged.

The charges were credited back to our credit cards.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the reply on my mystery charge. Hardly happy, but I'm getting the money back.

---

I am sorry to hear you have received this charge.

I have checked your on board account and can see it is for cabin services but charged after disembarkation, this is a turnaround error on our system and I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

A refund has been issued for £5.25 back to the card that was used whilst on board.

Depending on your card provider, the refund will take between 5-7 working days to show on the card.

I hope this information has helped to answer your enquiry and I wish to assure you of our best intentions at all times.