Taking alcohol on board

Host Sharon

Oh ok if it says that in the press it must be right lol.

These surveys are done with a small number of people.

I suggest they come to Newcastle or any other city centre at a weekend for a true reflection of drinking habits.

Or Manchester [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also been discussed at length on Women's Hour. You surely can't dismiss that too?[emoji39]
Come to any city centre at a weekend.

Sunderland, Newcastle, Manchester etc etc and you will see plenty of young people drinking and drunk

Come to any city centre at a weekend.

Sunderland, Newcastle, Manchester etc etc and you will see plenty of young people drinking and drunk

But what you dont see is middle aged or older drinking wine or whisky every night which is just as bad but they convince themselves that it is good for their health but over a week can drink just as much as youngsters do on a Friday/Saturday night.

Sorry to post relating to the original topic, but I'm just back from 17 nights on Aurora and I can confirm

1. that spirits were available from Room Service as previously.

2. Billi Billi was still available in the restaurant

3. It was cheaper to buy Andersons Gin from Room Service than in the duty Free shop!!

Sorry to post relating to the original topic, but I'm just back from 17 nights on Aurora and I can confirm

1. that spirits were available from Room Service as previously.

2. Billi Billi was still available in the restaurant

3. It was cheaper to buy Andersons Gin from Room Service than in the duty Free shop!!

Was the Billi Billi on the menu or did you have to ask for it? It had definitely disappeared from the Oceana menu. Interested to know if the menus are the same across the fleet or vary from ship to ship.

Was the Billi Billi on the menu or did you have to ask for it? It had definitely disappeared from the Oceana menu. Interested to know if the menus are the same across the fleet or vary from ship to ship.

I didn't have it but noticed the couple on the adjacent table in the Beach House had it.

We've always found the menus to be the same across the fleet, apart from the fact that, where there is a Glass House on board you can have wines delivered to your table from there as well as off the normal wine menu.:)

Just got off Azura . Had no trouble taking alcohol on board . Took 4 bottles of wine 2 in hand luggage and two in suitcases.

With regards to the new drinks package then I can’t see a lot a value in it,even for moderate to heavy drInkers.

At the current drinks prices it just doesn’t make sense. however don’t be surprised if the individual drinks prices start to creep up over the coming months.

One of the reasons I book with P&O is the reasonable drinks prices. I probably only have a around 3-4 drinks a day so packages never make sense for me. Let’s hope they don’t follow other lines like RCI and over inflate their individual drinks prices to sell more packages.

Just got off Azura . Had no trouble taking alcohol on board . Took 4 bottles of wine 2 in hand luggage and two in suitcases.

With regards to the new drinks package then I can’t see a lot a value in it,even for moderate to heavy drInkers.

At the current drinks prices it just doesn’t make sense. however don’t be surprised if the individual drinks prices start to creep up over the coming months.

One of the reasons I book with P&O is the reasonable drinks prices. I probably only have a around 3-4 drinks a day so packages never make sense for me. Let’s hope they don’t follow other lines like RCI and over inflate their individual drinks prices to sell more packages.

I agree.

RC add 18% gratuity to every drink and

Princess add 15% gratuity to every drink so let's hope P&O don't go down that path.

We're on our first P&O trip in January. I've read and contributed to some of the posts here on the drinks package. I assume they will keep the wine package, etc. but not sure how it works. If you purchase the wine package but drink in various restaurants during your cruise, do they just bring the wine to wherever you are? Can you have a bottle from your package to keep in the room? Some people have mentioned ordering a bottle (gin or similar) in their room. Do you purchase unopened mixers to keep there as well? We've usually gone with Celebrity and had the Classic drink package included, that's worked well for us and up to now the price difference hasn't been huge and we've enjoyed the convenience. But the proposed P & O one is quite expensive. Mind you I'm still not entirely clear on exactly what is/is not included.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a note on the alcohol policy now I'm back from my first cruise (Ventura) - every day in Horizon there was a note saying alcohol could not be brought aboard and that hand luggage would be searched, this being backed up by a daily announcement over the tannoy too. However, this turned out to be totally untrue - not once was any of my hand luggage searched, nor was I even asked once by the multiple people scanning cruise cards and x-raying hand luggage at each port if I had any - once a cotton bag with a 6-pack of beer in it was even held and rescanned by someone from P&O, and nothing was said/asked whatsoever. The table to declare any alcohol didn't even appear until the second or third port - I would have happily given any up had I been asked - instead, I saved probably at least £200 on drinks, given that we weren't people that wanted to go out and get drunk in the bars in the evenings; wanting instead to just enjoy some beer/wine on our balcony. [When we were in bars/restaurants, we did purchase drinks there, just to be clear :)]

Regarding the need to bring booze on board, daiB was kind enough to post a room service menu, and having gone online I cant find the spirits any cheaper anywhere else in the UK, so I for one am not gonna bother buying and packing 2 litre bottles in my luggage when I can have it delivered to my cabin with glasses, ice, and slices of lemon, and even save a few quid over supermarket prices.

Regarding the need to bring booze on board, daiB was kind enough to post a room service menu, and having gone online I cant find the spirits any cheaper anywhere else in the UK, so I for one am not gonna bother buying and packing 2 litre bottles in my luggage when I can have it delivered to my cabin with glasses, ice, and slices of lemon, and even save a few quid over supermarket prices.
I'm sure you can find Gordon's for a lot less than £22 a bottle!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Didn't do Gordons as my wife doesn't like it, looked at Bombay Sapphire gin and Grey Goose vodka.

All the same, paying £2 more is certainly worth it to have it delivered with glasses, ice and lemon to the cabin, rather than carting it to Southampton in my luggage I.M.O.

Didn't do Gordons as my wife doesn't like it, looked at Bombay Sapphire gin and Grey Goose vodka.

All the same, paying £2 more is certainly worth it to have it delivered with glasses, ice and lemon to the cabin, rather than carting it to Southampton in my luggage I.M.O.

Correct.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Current cabin prices today on Ventura.[ATTACH]427115[/ATTACH][ATTACH]427116[/ATTACH]

Thanks for that.

I didn't realise you were on Ventura.

I see they still offer Speckled Hen but it's Gluten free.

Hopefully they still offer the normal Speckled Hen and if so is there a price difference.

Thanks for that.

I didn't realise you were on Ventura.

I see they still offer Speckled Hen but it's Gluten free.

Hopefully they still offer the normal Speckled Hen and if so is there a price difference.

Will be going down shortly for a pre dinner drink so will let you know.

Graham.