Best stroller for a cruise?

welove2cruise2014

I've seen some older threads, nothing in the last few years.

DD will be 2 when we cruise. We have a Britax B Agile that is our every day stroller, but looking for something more compact.

Considering the following, any feedback or other suggestions? Looking to stay around or under $100.

Kolcraft Cloud

Urbini Reversi

Summer Infant 3D One (I feel like this one would be a bit more comfy for her than 3D Lite)

Graco Literider LX

Then I wonder if the couple lbs lighter/slightly smaller profile of these even warrant GETTING a 2nd stroller in the first place... or too similar to the one we have?? My mother in law is a fan of the true umbrella type, basically a fabric sling on wheels... no thanks, not for me.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

That appears to be narrow enough to fit thru the hallways and easy enough to maneuver.... You just don't want anything to wide or cumbersome..the halls are narrow, with cleaning carts everywhere most of the day. You want your baby to be comfy, so if what you have is fairly narrow, bring it!

don't get Literider. I had it. It isn't all the compact or nice.

Check out Travel with Children board on www.babycenter.com.

Many people do like Summer infant strollers.

Also stop by albeebaby.com to check out their selection of strollers, sorted by size/function.

https://www.albeebaby.com/lightweight-strollers.html

Baby Jogger Vue Lite seems very nice. Reversible, reclines, folds, $79 on sale.

https://www.albeebaby.com/baby-jogger-vue-lite-stroller-citrus.html

Maxi Cosi Kaia

https://www.albeebaby.com/maxi-cosi-kaia-stroller-in-intense-red.html

Definitely read the reviews. :)

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

don't get Literider. I had it. It isn't all the compact or nice.

Check out Travel with Children board on www.babycenter.com.

Many people do like Summer infant strollers.

Also stop by albeebaby.com to check out their selection of strollers, sorted by size/function.

https://www.albeebaby.com/lightweight-strollers.html

Baby Jogger Vue Lite seems very nice. Reversible, reclines, folds, $79 on sale.

https://www.albeebaby.com/baby-jogger-vue-lite-stroller-citrus.html

Maxi Cosi Kaia

https://www.albeebaby.com/maxi-cosi-kaia-stroller-in-intense-red.html

Definitely read the reviews. :)

Thank you thank you! I have tried a couple in stores (with LO) and I feel like she is just so accustomed to the one we have, she won't like any others :p

We usually use a Maclaren Quest, it's an umbrella stroller (easy to store under the bed) but it reclines and has a decent sunshade. It's been our go-to. The retail price is a bit high, but we've had luck finding them used in the past.

And funny you mention that about Literider. It's the one she hated the least in the store lol... but I didn't like that there were only 2 seating positions... upright and reclined!

mine was defective and not all that compact.

Thankfully, I got a Baby Jogger City Elite (not compact either) which I loved. But then - we didn't really go anywhere with the kiddo and a stroller that required the stroller to be light and compact. Parks and walks around the neighborhood mostly, and at 14 months DS refused to use a stroller.

Our friends gave us a $14 umbrella stroller which my kid used to stroll his stuffed animals around in.

we used the Summer 3D lite last summer with my then 15 month old.. We will be using it again this August with her. It was perfect! There was only a few families with little ones when we cruised last June. 3 other families had the same stroller as us (3D Summer lite)

We have the Summer Infant 3D Mini, which is more basic, but was perfect on our land vacation with our 1 year old and we are definitely taking in on our cruise when little man will be 16 months. I liked that it was super light weight and fit easily through narrow spaces.

Have you considered not taking a stroller? They really are a pain for all - parents and other people around you. The tight quarters on the ship really are not conducive either for storage in the room or for walking the decks. My youngest was 2 when we started cruising and we just started walking a lot before our trip so he was prepared. And if for some reason a child gets too tired, it’s not difficult to carry them the relatively short ship distances. Same for shore excursions - just don’t pick a walking tour or some such thing and you won’t need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

GB Pockit Stroller! We travel fulltime around the country in an RV as well as travel internationally 4-8 weeks a year. We have used our GB Pockit Stroller all over the world... even managing the not so wonderful streets in Bali. It is so compact and easy. Folds so small that fits underneath an airplane seat or underneath a dining table.

While it does not have the smooth maneuverability or features as our higher end strollers (Orbit, Bugaboo) or even our mid-range strollers (Baby Jogger, Bumbleride, Mountain Buggy), the size and compactness alone is worth it. It does not have a flat recline, but considering your child in age 2, that should not be a problem. Our backup choice is our Bugaboo Bee.

I typically travel with our GB Pockit and a SSC style buckle carrier on planes, cruise ships, and land trips. I have travelled solo with three children 9, 4, and 2 easily with that stroller. Highly recommend it. Do make sure you get the feel for folding and unfolding it because the flick of the wrist can be tricky to open it.

We have used and loved the Mountain Buggy Nano...amazing compact stroller with all the options we have needed that has it's own case ... folds up into the size of a carry on and has always fit in the overhead bins of all the carriers we've flown.

Have you considered not taking a stroller? They really are a pain for all - parents and other people around you. The tight quarters on the ship really are not conducive either for storage in the room or for walking the decks. My youngest was 2 when we started cruising and we just started walking a lot before our trip so he was prepared. And if for some reason a child gets too tired, it’s not difficult to carry them the relatively short ship distances. Same for shore excursions - just don’t pick a walking tour or some such thing and you won’t need it.

She HATES being carried. And, I don't babywear so that's out of the question. We will likely bring a backpack with a harness so she can walk safely with us when she wants to walk (without running ahead or getting too close to any ledges).

Apologies in advance if our stroller inconveniences anyone on our cruise. (?)

Don’t worry about other people on your cruise.

I have a Britax B-Agile that I specifically bought for another cruise and it was perfect. I still use it for my almost 4 year old. It was great to use to get him from kids club when he was asleep and we loved the full recline. We just folded it up in the room and it hardly took up space.

Don’t worry about other people on your cruise.

I have a Britax B-Agile that I specifically bought for another cruise and it was perfect. I still use it for my almost 4 year old. It was great to use to get him from kids club when he was asleep and we loved the full recline. We just folded it up in the room and it hardly took up space.

Ha! Thanks. I'm leaning that way... I've hemmed and hawed about buying a 2nd stroller... she'll be 2 soon anyway, so not convinced it's worth it. We took the Britax to an amusement/Water park yesterday and were so glad we did - for the storage, sunshade, and smooth comfy ride for her. I see people with their $15 umbrella stroller and I can't imagine that is fun for the parent OR the kid, lol.

Quick aside - one thing I hate about the Britax B-Agile is that even in the most upright position, it still sits at a recline. I fixed that by bringing along a bungee cord and stringing it behind the seat when LO wants to sit fully upright!

She HATES being carried. And, I don't babywear so that's out of the question. We will likely bring a backpack with a harness so she can walk safely with us when she wants to walk (without running ahead or getting too close to any ledges).

Apologies in advance if our stroller inconveniences anyone on our cruise. (?)

Are you actually questioning if a stroller inconveniences other people? I am a mom of 2 and recognize that any time I had a stroller in a crowded area, it was going to inconvenience others around me - people don't see them, often trip on them, or stop walking or slow in front of you and then you have to play Mario Andretti to keep from running into them. This is magnified by a thousand on a busy promenade or lido deck - which are hard enough at times to navigate as a couple.

I used a stroller until my boys were old enough to walk well. Then it went into the yard sale. They learned from an early age that holding a hand was not an option when told to do so. Just like if circumstances dictated they needed to be carried, they were carried with no alternative. They also learned to walk where ever we went...after all, kids are loaded with energy...and the ones that are refusing to walk are either truly tired because mom and dad have kept them out to long or are simply being defiant because they don't want to walk. Assuming a child doesn't have a medical or psychological need for such containment, it isn't needed.

I will never understand using a stroller once the child is walking. There are a lot of parenting challenges in life, but ditching the stroller really isn't one of them. Mine are 14 and 20 now, so I should know. 2 is easy...wait til she is driving, dating, applying to college....

Are you actually questioning if a stroller inconveniences other people? I am a mom of 2 and recognize that any time I had a stroller in a crowded area, it was going to inconvenience others around me - people don't see them, often trip on them, or stop walking or slow in front of you and then you have to play Mario Andretti to keep from running into them. This is magnified by a thousand on a busy promenade or lido deck - which are hard enough at times to navigate as a couple.

I used a stroller until my boys were old enough to walk well. Then it went into the yard sale. They learned from an early age that holding a hand was not an option when told to do so. Just like if circumstances dictated they needed to be carried, they were carried with no alternative. They also learned to walk where ever we went...after all, kids are loaded with energy...and the ones that are refusing to walk are either truly tired because mom and dad have kept them out to long or are simply being defiant because they don't want to walk. Assuming a child doesn't have a medical or psychological need for such containment, it isn't needed.

I will never understand using a stroller once the child is walking. There are a lot of parenting challenges in life, but ditching the stroller really isn't one of them. Mine are 14 and 20 now, so I should know. 2 is easy...wait til she is driving, dating, applying to college....

Wow... when I posted asked for stroller recommendations it was just that - I wasn't looking for a debate over whether one is needed.

If people don't see my stroller and/or trip over it, I would contend that that's *THEIR* problem, not mine.

I have a runner. When she is free, she wants to be free and run away. So for me/us, a stroller works.

I also didn't come here to discuss which stage of parenthood is/was more challenging than any others. You have no idea what challenges I/my family/other people face, so for you to act as though your stage in life is so much harder, is more than a bit unfair.

• Like 1

Wow... when I posted asked for stroller recommendations it was just that - I wasn't looking for a debate over whether one is needed.

If people don't see my stroller and/or trip over it, I would contend that that's *THEIR* problem, not mine.

I have a runner. When she is free, she wants to be free and run away. So for me/us, a stroller works.

I also didn't come here to discuss which stage of parenthood is/was more challenging than any others. You have no idea what challenges I/my family/other people face, so for you to act as though your stage in life is so much harder, is more than a bit unfair.

My daughter is a runner, I am sure she can run faster the Usain Bolt in the Olympics, hence the strong need for a stroller! Having the stroller on last years cruise, was a godsend! We will be using it again in August for our B2B.

It is not an inconvenience, except in my stateroom, when my daughter wanted to play with it & blocked the bathroom door or our adjoining door.. I will also be bringing a backpack with the tether on it, so I can give her some more freedom, and let herself think she is a "Big girl" and can walk on her own.

Don't let people tell you that a stroller is an inconvenience, if they can not watch their step or are in such a rush that they ignore things around them, then it is their problem, not yours! Have a blast with your little one!!

Oof, gotta love the holier than thou parents. They have older kids, multiple kids, so they know best.

Btw I also back carry my 42# 42” tall 3.75 year old when needed. That’s tough. I appreciate the stroller for a sleepy kid, especially if it allows me to not be trapped in stateroom prison. I know, I know...I could get a balcony, vacationing changes with a kid, yadda yadda yadda.

You do you, I’ll do me.

Also, I carry the stroller on the stairs so as not to take up the elevator if it’s a busy time

• Like 1

My daughter is a runner, I am sure she can run faster the Usain Bolt in the Olympics, hence the strong need for a stroller! Having the stroller on last years cruise, was a godsend! We will be using it again in August for our B2B.

It is not an inconvenience, except in my stateroom, when my daughter wanted to play with it & blocked the bathroom door or our adjoining door.. I will also be bringing a backpack with the tether on it, so I can give her some more freedom, and let herself think she is a "Big girl" and can walk on her own.

Don't let people tell you that a stroller is an inconvenience, if they can not watch their step or are in such a rush that they ignore things around them, then it is their problem, not yours! Have a blast with your little one!!

Thanks! We plan on bringing our special "monkey backpack with with long tail" as well, lol.

mmmkay then. People in wheelchairs need to stop cruising and traveling because of all the inconveniences they are causing to able bodied people around them. Right? Right?

So, my kid didn't want to use a stroller since he was 14 months. Other people's kids love using theirs. To each his own. I have a back trauma and my 2 yo was 34#. There is no way I could carry him... Even babywearing him in an ergo baby at that weight would very quickly become debilitating for me.

OP knows her 2 yo better than we do. If she thinks they need a stroller, then they need a stroller. Better to have a kiddo in a stroller than witness or experience a huge meltdown when the kid is tired, but you can't carry them.

• Like 1