Vietnam Visa for Cruise Ship Passengers

Barry H

Cannot use his service as it must be through one of three International Airports to be valid and complete. As I said before in this thread, Princess charged me a total of $33 dollars to my account in July. In three days I will be back on another Princess port stop here and will see exactly what the fee is again.
Many thanks! I guess the only other option would be to actually get a visa in my passport from an actual embassy or get one of those loose leaf visas :(

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Forums mobile app

Many thanks! I guess the only other option would be to actually get a visa in my passport from an actual embassy or get one of those loose leaf visas :(

You will pay more for your visa by obtaining it through an embassy in your country before you go. Evisas etc do not work if you are arriving in Vietnam by ship.

I was on a river cruise, so I flew into Vietnam and needed a multi-entry visa that included a river entry. The cost for the visa (which I arranged for by email and was sent to me by mail; i.e. loose leaf visa) cost well over US$100. Just deal with the Princess cost.

You are paying thousands of $$ for the cruise and airfare and you are worried about paying an extra $112, getting stressed out about which visa to get.

In reading through this thread, this is how I feel about my upcoming Singapore to Tokyo cruise in January, 2020. When all is said and done, we will be well over $10,000 for this trip, $112 seems insignificant.

It is DH and I, and there are also 18 friends and clients traveling on this journey, and I am the planner and coordinator. I'm never a fan of wasting money, but I do value efficiency and simplicity over money usually, so in this case I'm all for handing over $56 per person to Princess to take care of these visas.

OK HERE IT IS. I am on Sun Princess Now landing in Nha Trang tomorrow Wednesday and Phu My on Thursday. I am holding the handling cards in my hand and the letter. For US Passports

Vietnam Transit Visa - USD $30.00 pp

Vietnam Landing Card-USD $1.00 pp

Vietnam Passport Processing Fee-USD $2.00 pp.

These are the fees as charged exactly the same as Princess charged me in July. So I really don't know or care why others think it is USD $56.00, these are the current fees as charged by Princess Cruises. It is settled, the facts are the facts.

Well I don't know what to tell you either, but you'll be paying $56.00 and so will all US passport holders -- see below

So where are all the naysayers who falsely claimed I would be Paying more than the $33.00 I posted two months ago? The is the prefect example of why you can't believe what many post on the interest. Sorry I paid $30.00 plus $3.00 in fee for Princess to process my visa today, already showing in my account.

Not pretending anything just right again but that is the norm.

Good luck to you, but why are others who have contacted Princess been advised that their visas will be $56.

With Vietnam anything is possible

Personally I just wish this thread would die.

Umm, I don't think it is $56, I paid $56AUD on the Majestic Princess 4 weeks ago, and so did everyone else I knew.......which were quite a few;)

Obviously different prices, different size ships, different countries of origin......whatever.

Good luck to you, but why are others who have contacted Princess been advised that their visas will be $56.

With Vietnam anything is possible

Personally I just wish this thread would die.

Because Princess like may companies provides a lot of false information. Most of the customer service people answering the phones are just reading form the talking points they have.

Because Princess like may companies provides a lot of false information. Most of the customer service people answering the phones are just reading form the talking points they have.

So Princess didn't provide false information to me, they stated $56 AUD and charged me $56 onboard........just in case you missed my post above:rolleyes:

Just because the Australia dollar as no little value no reason to blame Princess. You are posting on a US Site. Us booking have different pricing than other sites. AUD $56 dollars is about USD $39 dollars. So what about the extra $6 charged over the correct total US rate of $33 dollars? 20% service charge..... you really didn't think the not daily service fee charge for booking on the AU site went away did you? You are only paying about $6.00 more than US bookings.

So again the correct fee as I type this in Phu My is USD $30 for US Passports and $3 in port fees or USD $33 dollars. No debate possible just the current facts.

1. This is not a US site. Cruise Critic is international. There are US, UK and Australian sites at least, that all share the same boards.

2. The cost of the visa itself is not necessarily the same depending on the passport you hold. (I went to Jordan once and the cost of a visa for Canadian was US$60. For Americans it was $20.)

3. The previous poster wasn't saying you were wrong; he was saying that his communications with Princess had been correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just because the Australia dollar as no little value no reason to blame Princess. You are posting on a US Site. Us booking have different pricing than other sites. AUD $56 dollars is about USD $39 dollars. So what about the extra $6 charged over the correct total US rate of $33 dollars? 20% service charge..... you really didn't think the not daily service fee charge for booking on the AU site went away did you? You are only paying about $6.00 more than US bookings.

So again the correct fee as I type this in Phu My is USD $30 for US Passports and $3 in port fees or USD $33 dollars. No debate possible just the current facts.

I am not debating what you paid, or blaming Princess, just stating what we paid 4 weeks ago, but thanks for taking the time out of your holiday to explain in such depth, yep, I think everyone is pretty clear now.