Resort day passes Koh Samui

Dorset Cruiser

Do you want to be on the beach or do you want a resort? There are several distinct beach areas on Samui. We were on a land trip so we have no idea where you will be docked or tendered.

If you decide on an excursion here is a tip. The brochures have two prices-adults and childs prices. Never pay the adult rate...they will always accept less. The adult rate is just the 'starting' point. Whatever you do, ignore the Absolute Vacation timeshare salespeople!

We have stayed in three beach areas of the island. If you are simply looking for a good beach with loungers and umbrellas you do not need a resort. The beaches are all public with lots of little bars. You buy a drink and can sit there for hours. Lots of food/fruit vendors passion get by.

In January 2015, the Imperial Boat House charged us about 50baht pp for use of loungers around the pool and on the beach, towels, showers, etc. The fee also included wifi and a light lunch from their bar menu and a beverage (soda/beer). We shared a six seater taxi from the pier which also picked us up at the end of the day. Highly recommended. Great value, we're going back in November.

We will be there at very end of October on Emerald Princess. Do we have to contact them in advance to purchase the day passes or just turn up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sorry, my post should read 500baht pp (£11)

We didn't make a reservation last time, we just turned up. I have emailed them to see if they are still doing day passes - I'll post their response.

Sorry, my post should read 500baht pp (£11)

We didn't make a reservation last time, we just turned up. I have emailed them to see if they are still doing day passes - I'll post their response.

Thanks so much. I wondered about the £1 equivalent entrance fee 😀

Just had the same response as you - not sure about having to make a reservation though. We didn't last time.

I think we'll just turn up and if there is a problem use the loungers at the beach bar next door. They're free if you buy a drink.

Just had the same response as you - not sure about having to make a reservation though. We didn't last time.

I think we'll just turn up and if there is a problem use the loungers at the beach bar next door. They're free if you buy a drink.

Same here. Is it far from the port?

• 4 weeks later...
Omega 1, just wondering if you are sailing on the Volendam from Hong Kong on Oct 27 - we are on that ship and I am wondering about transportation to the resort you mention? Perhaps we could share?

Sorry, we are on the Nov 10 and Nov 22 sailings.

• 4 months later...
Might try and find something nearer ☹️

Did anyone go the the Imperial boat house, also does anyone have an email address. We are going in Feb 2017 on Celebrity Constellation.

Thanks for any help given

• 1 year later...