Disembarking at Yokohama

MiMiT

Anyone have recent experience with disembarking at Yokohama? Diamond Princess is scheduled to arrive at 6am and I am wondering how long to expect disembarkation/luggage retrieval and customs to take. Thanks,

The disembarking was pretty quick in July when we were there. We were off about 9.30 am but as we weren't in a hurry we were happy to let others go ahead. We requested a later time. When we did a similar cruise in 2016 we were delayed 2 hours causing stress to many passengers. There are free shuttles out the doors that will take you to Sakuragicho station.

Edited by Tara Jane

• 2 weeks later...

There's Japanese customs to go through.  Disembarked last year and weren't in a rush so it was fast and easy for us (had cleared Japan immigration at an earlier port of call and arrived the day before so that wasn't an issue).  Bus may be crowded (with too many bags!) and there may be  bit of a wait.  The station you're dropped off at is one stop (or maybe two) away from the main Yokohama station.  

When are you arriving Yokohama?

Do you have any other Japanese ports, prior to arriving in Yokohama?

We just got off on 10/06/18. 

We had 3 Japanese ports, prior to Yokohama - Completed Japanese Customs @ our first port. 

We went through Customs on-board in Tsars Dining Room, prior to departing. 

Customs took awhile (on-board) & included finger prints and photo.

Since we had already completed Customs, prior to arrival in Yokohama - we simply walked off the ship...

We disembarked in Yokohama on October 13th.  Our cruise had been essentially around Japan (while dodging Typhoons Trami and also Kong-rey).  We essentially walked off the ship, but were asked to show our passports.  We found that at several Japanese ports we were asked to show our passports even though the prior port had also been in Japan.  The luggage hall was well organized so we had no problems retrieving our bags.  We left the ship at 9 AM, and had a car scheduled for 9:30 AM to take us to our Tokyo hotel,  so we found we had about half an hour of waiting time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, cruiser man said:

How did you get from the port to Tokyo?  There are six of us and we were thinking that it may be better to take a taxi.  Does anyone know what the estimated fare should be and if we should book in advance?

Thanks,

Steve

We spent five nights in Tokyo after leaving our ship in Yokohama.  We had contacted our Tokyo hotel several months in advance to ask about any possible shuttle service.  They quoted us a price for a private car transfer.  Given the taxi prices in Japan we thought the price was very reasonable, and so did a private transfer.   The transit time from Yokohama to our hotel in the Shinjuku area was about 90 minutes.  Definitely book in advance.

15 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

We spent five nights in Tokyo after leaving our ship in Yokohama.  We had contacted our Tokyo hotel several months in advance to ask about any possible shuttle service.  They quoted us a price for a private car transfer.  Given the taxi prices in Japan we thought the price was very reasonable, and so did a private transfer.   The transit time from Yokohama to our hotel in the Shinjuku area was about 90 minutes.  Definitely book in advance.

What private car company did you use?  I will be sailing in April and leaving ship first day back at Yokohama and headed to Tokyo Bay Hilton.  I asked them on shuttles or transportation suggested to get there and they said no shuttle, use the train.  I really don’t want to lug our big suit case on the train and transfers. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Rina155 said:

What private car company did you use?  I will be sailing in April and leaving ship first day back at Yokohama and headed to Tokyo Bay Hilton.  I asked them on shuttles or transportation suggested to get there and they said no shuttle, use the train.  I really don’t want to lug our big suit case on the train and transfers. Thanks!

I don't know the company name as the Tokyo Hilton (our hotel) in Shinjuku made the arrangements.  The cost was billed directly to our hotel room.  We also didn't want to hassle with the train and luggage.  Wish I could be more helpful.

12 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

I don't know the company name as the Tokyo Hilton (our hotel) in Shinjuku made the arrangements.  The cost was billed directly to our hotel room.  We also didn't want to hassle with the train and luggage.  Wish I could be more helpful.

Thank you for responding. I will reach out to them and ask if they can suggest any private companies. 

1 hour ago, Rina155 said:

Thank you for responding. I will reach out to them and ask if they can suggest any private companies. 

Please let us know if you learn of any private companies. We are staying at Tokyo Disney, and woiuld rather a a private car than juggling luggage.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, cruiser man said:

How did you get from the port to Tokyo?  There are six of us and we were thinking that it may be better to take a taxi.  Does anyone know what the estimated fare should be and if we should book in advance?

Thanks,

Steve

Note that Japanese taxis will only fit four passengers - less with luggage.  You'll need to arrange for a van. 

6 hours ago, sippican said:

Please let us know if you learn of any private companies. We are staying at Tokyo Disney, and woiuld rather a a private car than juggling luggage.

I will most definitely let you know.  

Hi,

I am cruising on Celebrity Millennium in April next year and i have booked a transfer

from Yokohama terminal to a hotel in Shinjuku. The company i am using is Tokyo Airporter

and the cost is 11000 yen for two of us.I used this company last time i cruised there and they where very good, easy to arrange booking over the internet. Hope this helps.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, qbay46 said:

Hi,

I am cruising on Celebrity Millennium in April next year and i have booked a transfer

from Yokohama terminal to a hotel in Shinjuku. The company i am using is Tokyo Airporter

and the cost is 11000 yen for two of us.I used this company last time i cruised there and they where very good, easy to arrange booking over the internet. Hope this helps.

Thank you, as I have not heard anything from the hotel yet I will outreach this company and see what they would charge.  Did they say they would pick you right up at the terminal?  That would indeed be a large plus.  I too am sailing in April I wonder if we are on the same cruise!

Hope you work something out, last time we waited inside the cruise terminal and the driver came in and found us, had our name on a sign, I told them what time I wanted to be picked up and they where right on time.

3 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

Hope you work something out, last time we waited inside the cruise terminal and the driver came in and found us, had our name on a sign, I told them what time I wanted to be picked up and they where right on time.

Thank you so much!  I emailed them and shortly after received a response with a very reasonable quote.  They let me know the driver would meet us inside the terminal at the specified time and take us to our hotel.  This will be so much easier than finding a luggage transfer service and hoping our luggage appears in time and not having to navigate the train system and transfers.  It is a much faster mode of transportation as well.  Less than half the time than it would have been with any other mode of transportation.  One more thing checked off my to do list!