Saigon - Looking for Mekong River day tour

diane.in.ny

We are coming into Saigon a day early for a land tour. Thought we'd use our free day for a Mekong River tour. We have no time constraints.

Would appreciate any suggestions for tour operators.

Thank you.

You will probably be docking at Phu My which is still 2 hours out of Saigon. The Mekong Delta is then a further 1 hour from Saigon. If you are doing the Mekong Delta on a day trip from Phu My plan on 3 hours bus travel each way. If you are overnighting in Saigon make sure the tour allows you to return to the ship on time. Either way there will be no shortage of Mekong Delta tour operators.

You will probably be docking at Phu My which is still 2 hours out of Saigon. The Mekong Delta is then a further 1 hour from Saigon. If you are doing the Mekong Delta on a day trip from Phu My plan on 3 hours bus travel each way. If you are overnighting in Saigon make sure the tour allows you to return to the ship on time. Either way there will be no shortage of Mekong Delta tour operators.

Thank you but we will not be on a cruise. We are taking a land tour of Vietnam/Siem Reap/Bangkok. We'll be in Saigon a day early and was looking for ideas to fill that day. A Mekong Delta trip was just one of those ideas.

You can arrange the trip when you get to Saigon, they are very popular and all hotels can organise on the spot. You will have a choice of going alone with car, driver and guide or going with a group tour on as bus, much cheaper option.

This way you will not be locked in to a tour should you find yourself jet lagged or for any other reason cannot go.

We were two couples and did the Mekong Delta Tour with Xuan.

He is a very popular guide on cruise critic with many wonderful reviews.

This is the tour our group took with him-

https://www.tourwithxuan.com/cai-be.html

This is our 2nd time in Vietnam. First time we toured Saigon. So this time we wanted a new experience.

Xuan is a terrific guide, so kind and fun too! We learned so much about the culture- it was a very special day.

If I was you I would book him in advance and not wait until you get to Saigon- this way you will have your day planned out, time starting , know who your guide is, what kind of vehicle you will be transported in etc.

Also we liked doing a private tour since we could go at our own pace.

You can see more details on his website https://www.tourwithxuan.com/

If I was you I would book him in advance and not wait until you get to Saigon- this way you will have your day planned out, time starting , know who your guide is, what kind of vehicle you will be transported in etc.

Also we liked doing a private tour since we could go at our own pace.

You can see more details on his website https://www.tourwithxuan.com/

Agree with booking him well in advance. I already have him booked and under deposit for Jan., 2020, for 2 ports on a Southeast Asia and Japan cruise. I am taking a small group on this sailing and wanted to ensure we had the best guides.

We did an overnight homestay and tour. Got the the tour organizer on tripadvisor. We were flying in from the the south-Phu Quok. Got a great tour on land, and on the river. We did it on a lark and were not certain what to expect. Went shopping at the local market and we joined the family to cook dinner.

We did an overnight homestay and tour. Got the the tour organizer on tripadvisor. We were flying in from the the south-Phu Quok. Got a great tour on land, and on the river. We did it on a lark and were not certain what to expect. Went shopping at the local market and we joined the family to cook dinner.

Cool! :)

It was. She took us on the a boat to the river market the next morning. We got pineapple from tbe 'pineapple boat, coffee from another boat (all on the water, not tied up), etc. Plus some land tours to see how the vermicelli (sp) and other rice noodles were made (we had a go). Later she drove us to the bus station for the 1 1/2 hour ride or so into Saigon. We found the Vietnamese people,like the Thais, to be so very gracious and hospitable.

The accommodation was rustic however it was a great experience . We were two, there were about six or eight others on the tour.

We did in on a lark and are so glad that we did. We typically do land travel this way, book two or three days in advance and remain flexible.