Hosted singles cruise and the beverage package

trivimp

I just booked a singles cruise through one of the hosted companies, and I opted for the roommate match because, well, makes it affordable & I was feeling adventurous :) I won't know who my roommate is until closer to sailing, next spring.

How does the beverage package work? I'm not a huge drinker, but will I be forced to purchase it if my roommate does? I'd rather just purchase my one or two drinks per day with my cruise account, it'll come out to less at the end.

Good question. On my my only hosted singles cruise we were given name, contact of cabinmate about a month in advance. I would call Celebrity directly with question. WE did have several cocktail parties. Wouldnt be worth it to buy beverage package. Just tell your cabinmate of your decision.

Two more issues:

Who pays for minibar, or for the water that's oh so conveniently placed on the desk?

There's probably only one room safe- how much do you trust a complete stanger with your passport and cash?

• 3 weeks later...

maybe if you asked the company about how the process works they could give you a more definate answer. I am looking at booking also with a single type company in Feb. I will see what I can find out also but there "forum" seems to be dead.

• 11 months later...

It's so difficult find a partner get on a cruise... could everyone here who can tell me where can find single traveler to share a room? Please, I really need help! If anyone here just want find a partner to get on a cruise for share a room, if you are good person, I don't care you are a man or woman. We just share the room enjoy the trip...by the way I am woman and I am a Asian woman! ;p

It's so difficult find a partner get on a cruise... could everyone here who can tell me where can find single traveler to share a room? Please, I really need help! If anyone here just want find a partner to get on a cruise for share a room, if you are good person, I don't care you are a man or woman. We just share the room enjoy the trip...by the way I am woman and I am a Asian woman! ;p

I just answered on your other thread - requests for room shares are not allowed on Cruise Critic.

From the Guidelines you agreed to when you joined:

no posting of "looking for roommate" type posts,

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.p...l&titlesonly=0

He everyone, thanks you guys so kind reply me, also I want apologize because my English not very good, I didn't read clear about the rules, so I posted something wrong(roommate), I am new here, even I don't know where I can reply back to each one, I am so sorry, if anyone have any idea to help me or find the single company, please email me at: qly8899@yahoo.com

Thanks everyone!

• 6 months later...

I did a singles cruise last year and did not get the beverage package. I regretted that. It's not about having MANY drinks, it's about DRINKING WELL. On Carnival, your package can be used for a drink valued at up to $50 each. So you could get the $20 crazy slushy drink by the pool, or the $40 double scotch after dinner, etc. At the end of the week, I probably ended up saving about $50 by not buying the package, but I was also a bit stingy throughout the week, and would have enjoyed more wine with dinner, etc.

• 1 month later...