Is there some hidden awesomeness at the Super 8 in Galveston?

Eslader

i did a quick search and got $150, no hidden awesomeness.

hotels.com and maybe others, they just had a 50% off sale and i noticed that the retail prices jumped dramatically, but there were still some good deals.

$126 for holiday inn which includes cruise parking and a shuttle last i heard. Tremont House, a few others had some really good deals. But they raised the retail rate on almost all of them.

I think retail on Holiday Inn Resort was like $376, i doubt anyone ever paid that much for the december date i checked. All the retail rates jumped, but the price you could book at during their sale was very good.

I could be misremembering but I think Super 8 isnt even on the beach. I would either want the beach to enjoy or near the strand, like harbor house.

I saw a few who booked that waterpark hotel, because it has cruise parking and its been varying from $93 to $99. It might also have a shuttle i forget.

Ive booked Howard Johnsons a few times because there was a discMotount parking lot across from it, but not at the current rates i see for Howard Johnson, its a crappy hotel and im not that picky.

Super 8, is a NOT on my list. Nothing to recommend it.

Motel 6 is on my never again list. I was in season and desperate one time and booked it. never again. have to pay for wifi, and then i had to change rooms to get even off and on wifi. no breakfast, just coffee. rooms look like space ships. on the main highway, close to super 8, location not good.

I havent cruised in a while and I have noticed a lot of the cheapie hotels seem to have doubled their rate since i last cruised.

i did a quick search and got $150, no hidden awesomeness.

hotels.com and maybe others, they just had a 50% off sale and i noticed that the retail prices jumped dramatically, but there were still some good deals.

$126 for holiday inn which includes cruise parking and a shuttle last i heard. Tremont House, a few others had some really good deals. But they raised the retail rate on almost all of them.

I think retail on Holiday Inn Resort was like $376, i doubt anyone ever paid that much for the december date i checked. All the retail rates jumped, but the price you could book at during their sale was very good.

I could be misremembering but I think Super 8 isnt even on the beach. I would either want the beach to enjoy or near the strand, like harbor house.

I saw a few who booked that waterpark hotel, because it has cruise parking and its been varying from $93 to $99. It might also have a shuttle i forget.

Ive booked Howard Johnsons a few times because there was a discMotount parking lot across from it, but not at the current rates i see for Howard Johnson, its a crappy hotel and im not that picky.

Super 8, is a NOT on my list. Nothing to recommend it.

Motel 6 is on my never again list. I was in season and desperate one time and booked it. never again. have to pay for wifi, and then i had to change rooms to get even off and on wifi. no breakfast, just coffee. rooms look like space ships. on the main highway, close to super 8, location not good.

I havent cruised in a while and I have noticed a lot of the cheapie hotels seem to have doubled their rate since i last cruised.

Yikes! I'm still in search of a hotel/parking. Maybe i'll wait until a hotels . Com sale or just book a couple days in advance of arrival? I know sometimes hotels will lower their prices in the approaching days to get people to book.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

If you have a car I suggest you stay 30 min to an hour north. Hotels are much cheaper there. We have taken many cruises out of Galveston. Only once have we stayed on the island. It was a Thursday night and rates were reasonable. Fort Lauderdale and Maimi are cheaper then Galveston!

I've stayed in Galveston many times. As noted above, the prices fluctuate widely depending upon the season as well as local events. As an example, we've stayed many times at the Country Inn and Suites (not to be confused with the Comfort Inn and Suites). Our typical Senior rate is $60.night. Yet at times, that same room goes for $250 /night, "just because".... I once even e-mailed the manager to ask why the rates were so high for a particular cruise date I wanted. Got a nice reply back telling me to wait until such-and-such date to book... which I did, and the price had dropped substantially.

Another option is to book just outside of Galveston. We've done that a few times. During a Galveston event, a hotel in League City can be substantially cheaper than one in Galveston... and it's only 30-45 min drive to the port.