Royal Clipper Christmas Cruise 12/17/2016 - 12/27/2016

websailor

Why did your friends have a bad time? We're thinking of booking another Star Clippers cruise, so it'd be good to know what was wrong.

They went in November,rainy season.And it rained.They did not have one beach stop or beach bbq.The captain had a short temper with everything.It was the crossover cruise from Med to Caribbean.The staff changed suddenly and seemed either exhausted from the med or new to the ship.I think it was literally a one off.I have never heard of anything like it.

I am not worried.Sorry if I made you have doubts..

They went in November,rainy season.And it rained.They did not have one beach stop or beach bbq.The captain had a short temper with everything.It was the crossover cruise from Med to Caribbean.The staff changed suddenly and seemed either exhausted from the med or new to the ship.I think it was literally a one off.I have never heard of anything like it.

I am not worried.Sorry if I made you have doubts..

Thanks for the info.

We were puzzled on our Venice-Venice cruise by our captain's decision to delay putting the ship under full sail until the end of the last day. The week's cruise started in lovely weather, with sun and blue skies, which would have been great for photos. The weather forecasts for the week consistently reported the forthcoming bad weather. At the end of the last day, we (i.e. those who wanted photos) bounced around in a tender in choppy seas under a grey sky. The crew had issues raising the sails and we circled for an hour or so before we could get the photos. Very strange .... but memorable, and some moody photos!