Sports watching question

cltdad

I know I didn't plan to go on a cruise to watch football like a couch potato but if I do decide to indulge wheres the best place to catch a football game on the ship? Anyone know if they have channels like ESPN 2 and ESPN U on the Fantasy or are the choices really limited?

I know I didn't plan to go on a cruise to watch football like a couch potato but if I do decide to indulge wheres the best place to catch a football game on the ship? Anyone know if they have channels like ESPN 2 and ESPN U on the Fantasy or are the choices really limited?

If ESPN is a Disney-affiliated network, it will be shown onboard. Not sure about the lesser ESPN stations. But, unless the game is a really big one, the sports channels in the pub generally are the random sports reports, not a full on game.

Occasionally, if a game is a really big one, it may be shown on the big funnelvision screen on the pool deck.

There is a sports bar on each of the ships. The general rule is that if you get there first, you can ask the bartender to put on the channel of your choice. If there is a fairly big event, that's what will be on. If it is a really big thing, it will often be shown on the pool deck. And of course, you get ESPN channels in your cabin as well. And yes, Disney owns ESPN.

• 2 weeks later...

For those curious, in room is ESPN and ESPN2 on the Fantasy. Sports bars didn't appear to have anything else either. ABC was hit or miss with actual broadcasting and a number of times was blacked out. There does appear to be one other sports channel for major events but it didn't broadcast anything during our week.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

went on a Sunday to Sunday cruise over Thanksgiving, they showed the NBC Sunday night game, night 1, the ESPN, Monday night game, night 2 and the Thanksgiving night game all on Funnelvision, the other two Thanksgiving day games could be seen in your room or the sports bar, they also showed the Friday and Saturday college games in the sports bar