Transatlantic

russg140

Windstar offers 13 days of bliss, appreciation of our world, we are so small and it so large, on a starey night our world is so small our universe is so huge. Windstar offers aloneness when you want it, togetherness, sharing, friendliness when you want it. WS offers funny games and competions, it offers spontenous fun with activities that you think you would never enjoy. Want to read your days away got it, how about a puzzle got it, eat great food got it, listen to live music got it. There is something for all and nothing too. Excerise yes, walk circles on the deck gazing out over the ocean, breathing salt air nothing makes you sleep better, nap in the morning or the afternoon, watch a movie that you have always wished to see. All this in quiet, no annoying annoucements. We have done 2 Atlantics and 1 Pacific and all on WS. We can honestly say for us nothing is better. Happy Sailing.

I realize that doing a long cruise is an opportunity to unplug however I'm a business owner and it's difficult to be completely disconnected from my company for extended periods of time. Does the wifi on the ship work for transatlantic cruises? I'm assuming it's satellite-based? Thank you!

Sandydlc. I was on wind surf TA in April and used internet to stay in touch with work. Was not very fast and somedays it was frustrating. Keep the things you need to short messages and you should be fine. Try to exchange big files and it will work but take awhile. Recommend unlimited package so you are not worrying about time etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sandydlc. I was on wind surf TA in April and used internet to stay in touch with work. Was not very fast and somedays it was frustrating. Keep the things you need to short messages and you should be fine. Try to exchange big files and it will work but take awhile. Recommend unlimited package so you are not worrying about time etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you! Still considering for a future trip. For now we are doing the Athens to Rome cruise leaving on October 7th. I already purchased the unlimited internet package and I know that I'll have to be very patient when using it. Thank you!