September Sale Question

KikiKruiser

Am wondering if there's any chance of the One-Week September Sale being extended another week? In the past (last year at least), I recall some sales being extended another week or so.

Do the prices usually go up right after the sale ends?

Any experience on this?? TIA :)

Edited by KikiKruiser

Am wondering if there's any chance of the One-Week September Sale being extended another week? In the past (last year at least), I recall some sales being extended another week or so.

Do the prices usually go up right after the sale ends?

Any experience on this?? TIA :)

I don't know the answer to your question. However, I have noticed that the two cruises that I booked when they were on the 7 for 7 special had better prices than their One-Week September Sale prices.For the Pacific Crossing, it was only a small difference, probably because even the regular price on ocean crossings is fairly low. For an S1 on the Alaska cruise following the Pacific Crossing, the 7 for 7 price was $3899 and it's current One-Week September Sale price is $4899 - a thousand $s difference.

I guess there is a risk that something doesn't go to a lower price later if it is booking up well so if you like the current price, go for it and rely on their price assurance policy to reduce the price or provide OBC if the price drops later. The other alternative is to take the risk that the price goes up and doesn't come back down. Wait and check each week for a lower price to grab it when it is below the current price.

Our cruise last spring, Spanish Serenade on Star Legend, never went down from the price we booked in September, but the same cruise departing a couple of days earlier on one of the sail ships did go down in price. The earlier date didn't work for us and I'm happy with the price we got so it was fine. But for someone who had flexibility, waiting and grabbing the other would have gotten a very good deal.

I don't know the answer to your question. However, I have noticed that the two cruises that I booked when they were on the 7 for 7 special had better prices than their One-Week September Sale prices.For the Pacific Crossing, it was only a small difference, probably because even the regular price on ocean crossings is fairly low. For an S1 on the Alaska cruise following the Pacific Crossing, the 7 for 7 price was $3899 and it's current One-Week September Sale price is $4899 - a thousand $s difference.

I guess there is a risk that something doesn't go to a lower price later if it is booking up well so if you like the current price, go for it and rely on their price assurance policy to reduce the price or provide OBC if the price drops later. The other alternative is to take the risk that the price goes up and doesn't come back down. Wait and check each week for a lower price to grab it when it is below the current price.

Our cruise last spring, Spanish Serenade on Star Legend, never went down from the price we booked in September, but the same cruise departing a couple of days earlier on one of the sail ships did go down in price. The earlier date didn't work for us and I'm happy with the price we got so it was fine. But for someone who had flexibility, waiting and grabbing the other would have gotten a very good deal.

Thanks for your pros and cons. I'm looking at an Alaska sailing (Vancouver to Seward), and thinking since WIndstar hasn't been to Alaska in years and years, there might be a pent-up demand and sell quicker. After all, there are only so many cabins versus those big ships. Being able to take advantage of a price drop in the future would help. ;)

Thanks for your pros and cons. I'm looking at an Alaska sailing (Vancouver to Seward), and thinking since WIndstar hasn't been to Alaska in years and years, there might be a pent-up demand and sell quicker. After all, there are only so many cabins versus those big ships. Being able to take advantage of a price drop in the future would help. ;)

I don't know which Alaska Splendors sailing you are interested in. The July 24 sailing is on 7 for 7 until Oct 4.