&h

wmjivey

Well, I had a issue in Hawaii someone knocked off my A6000 with the kit lens in its waterproof case off a table while I was trying on a Wet suit and the lens broke. I of course have insurance and just received a check for replacement, while looking at B & H I saw the A6300 with kit lens for $1000 with the $300 lens replacement thats $700 for a new body and lens. My wife just booked Alaska cruise next fall so the big question is do I rent the Sony FE 70-200 f2.8 with 2.0 adapter, the FE 100-400 or go to the Tamy 150-600 with LA3. I follow Zackiedawg and seen his work with both and I don't know which way to go

John

The 100-400....... reviews are fantastic. You’ll get better results with a native lens than adapted.

And 2x teleconverters really degrade IQ.

But make sure you also go with the Sony 10–18... great landscape shots on an Alaska cruise with it.

If you're renting, I'd definitely recommend the 100-400mm out of those choices...it will definitely be sharper and focus much faster than adapted lenses, and the 2x TC on the 70-200mm costs too much in IQ...the 1.4x would be less impactful on IQ, but then again, it works beautifully on the 100-400mm too - so you might consider that for when you really need the reach for stuff like wildlife on the cruise.