Back to Back Pricing Query

lincslady

I should know by now, but do not - does anyone know if you get a percentage reduction on booking back to back cruises, please? Would like to know before I get in touch with our TA.

From memory ( not so sharp now at my age) it's "UP TO " 10%😀

I think in some cases the reduced pricing is already reflected on the website. For example the price for a 14 day cruise will be lower than the two 7 day cruises that have been combined into the 14 day. Other combinations may not be reflected such much longer combined sailings. Best to have TA check

I should know by now, but do not - does anyone know if you get a percentage reduction on booking back to back cruises, please? Would like to know before I get in touch with our TA.

If your TA is any good he/she will tell YOU.

Thanks everybody. I did think that some time ago it actually mentioned 10% in a brochure, but was not sure.

It looks as though I might try to persuade the TA that it could be 14.5%, but they might counter with SB saying 1%, as being 'up to 10%'!

My TA got me a discount on each segment of a back to back and then a third discount as he linked the two segments as a Grand Voyage or something.

• 1 year later...

We're interested in a 32-day sailing on Encore that is also advertised as two 16-day voyages. There is a substantial discount for booking the single voyage vs individual cruises. For various reasons, we'd prefer to book separate cruises B2B with different booking numbers. When we booked B2B voyages last year, my former PCC at Seabourn gave us a 14.5% discount on both cruises. Unfortunately that PCC has left and my new PCC tells me that we would not get ANY discount if we booked the full 32-day voyage as B2B segments. Is this true? Have the rules on B2B discounts changed in the last year? I'll ask our TA in due course but wanted to see if anybody here has recent experience. Thanks!

It probably only works for a few itineraries but as part of their 30th anniversary sale Seabourn is offering "Up to 30% Savings on Select Combination Cruises."

It probably doesn't apply to the cruises you want but it's certainly worth checking out.

Thanks Ka Honu. As it turns out, the 32-day voyage is included in the 30th Anniversary Event and has a 29% discount if booked as a combination cruise. That's a fabulous savings! The discount is not possible if we book it as 16-day cruises B2B so we'll abandon that idea and go for the deal.

Works differently in Australia. IF there is any discount at all it's usually max 5%. On quite a few sailings we have been told by SB it wasn't available for those legs. So it's always good to shop around with international agents. You would think there would be a stated, consistent policy applicable to all passengers rather than a Russian Roulette approach.

SB are advertising on the Aus website for the cruise we just booked (Dover to Barcelona) on the Ovation, the B2B price is 15% less than the combined. Also they gave OBC, generous Internet time and 12.5% deposit refundable until about 3 months prior. I compared this to the UK agent and while the UK agent cruise price was marginally cheaper, the potential exchange rate changes and the possible deposit loss did not make it worth it.

SB are advertising on the Aus website for the cruise we just booked (Dover to Barcelona) on the Ovation, the B2B price is 15% less than the combined...
It appears the rules for applying discounts for B2B vs Combination Cruises must vary by region. We wanted to reserve a 32-day Combination Cruise as separate 16-day cruises B2B but were not able to do it at a discounted rate. The following clarification from my SB PCC refers to the North American market:

I do apologize as we are no longer allowed to secure Combination voyages as separate reservations and apply the discounts. The only time we are now allowed to reserve B2B sailings as you requested is when we do not have a Combination voyage already packaged for you or if the Combination voyage is completely sold out. Furthermore the B2B discount is not always offered, as it can be closed if capacity warrants.