RC vs carnival food and service

jmspls72

planning a cruise and considering royal Caribbean enchantment of the seas

Or a carnival triumph cruse

Price close to the same

I have been on 3 Royal Caribbean cruises

New carnival cruiser larger rooms vs royal piqued my interest , carnival seems better for kids Im taking my 15 yr old and 20 year old kidsand saves me 4 to 6 hours of driving round trip

I hesitate because of negative food reviews and wonder how the personnel services is compared to RC

Also does triumph have an adult only pool or deck

Thx

• 3 weeks later...
Food is very subjective.

I find food on RCI to be a bit better then on Carnival.

Keith

Thx I am not setting expectation too high especially since I going with fantasy cause it is closer for them

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 months later...

We've been on both Carnival and RC in the past year. To me Royal Caribbean is better, but we've been on the bigger ships. Carnival's service has gone down in the past few years, they are making their staff wait more tables and clean more rooms than they used to, so the staff seemed unhappy. The food is pretty good on both.

I have not yet been on RCI. I loved the Carnival food. From what I have read on these forums, the consensus has been this: RCI wins in specialty dining. From the included food, Carnival seems to have that edge. Everyone has their own opinion, but those are the themes I've noticed.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been on 20 cruises, 4 with RCL, 3 with NCL and 13 with Carnival. The food on Carnival is much better than RCL, on NCL I think there food beat both RCL and CARNIVAL.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We just got off of the Carnival Victory 3 days ago and we thought the food in the MDR and buffet was very, very bad. Our son who normally cruises Carnival, took his first cruise on a RCL ship last week. In his opinion, the food on RCL was much better, and had a better variety than Carnival.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I have been on both and thought that Carnival had better food than Royal Caribbean. I thought RC was more like hospital food (bland and boring) whereas Carnival was more creative / interesting (which I like). I guess it just depends on what you are looking for.

• 3 months later...

I've only been on Carnival once, but found the food on RCI to be superior.  Of course, it have been a number of years since I have been on RCI.  Since my first cruise with them in 1994, their quality has decreased at a noticeable rate.  Right now I sail Princess and Celebrity (and give the edge to Celebrity on food).

• 1 month later...

After a few times on Carnival, we just finished a cruise on Royal, and the food was not just worse on Royal but WAY worse. There was one day where the buffet had a bbq day, and I loaded up on like 5 different bbq staples from ribs to Mac and cheese. With each one, I took one bite and didn’t take another. I’ve never gone so quickly from excited to completely disappointed. I don’t know how many who think Royal’s food is better have been on both in the past 3 years, but we won’t be going on Royal again any time soon.