Liquor gift ideas

I've never really seen brands that I can't get at my local Total Wine or ABC. As mentioned, they do sell some different sizes. My best luck for variety has been in the ports. Have found some good tequilas in Mexico I can't get here, and did find some rum in I believe Grand Cayman a couple years back that was unique.

If they still sell it, they have a boxed set of Johnnie Walker (3 or 4 bottles) that makes a lovely gift for a scotch drinker. I think it is scotch, I don't drink it either. :confused:

Horrible gift for a real Scotch drinker. Not really scotch. :D

I Am a Scotch drinker, but I don't drink Johnny Walker either.

JW Green is actually not too bad.

Hennessy white sounds nice. Anyone know a price the ship charges for one of those ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Didn't check the prices while we were onboard, just noticed they had it in stock. Several people were purchasing Perhaps someone else will chime in.

In the meantime I found this old thread. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2137190

Didn't check the prices while we were onboard, just noticed they had it in stock. Several people were purchasing Perhaps someone else will chime in.

In the meantime I found this old thread. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2137190

The price is now 65 a bottle since they keep selling out of it. I remember when it first became popular PR would have it in stores for 33.00 a bottle. I would bring it back to the states and everyone loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct, it wasn't on our last two cruises; I looked for it.

It might still be available in the ports. There are two types, coffee and berry. I always bring some back as gifts, everyone enjoys them, so I hope they are still available in the ports.

Mike

Hennessy Pure White. And it was available on Anthem 2 weeks ago.

Sent from my SM-T357T using Tapatalk

On the ship (Oasis two weeks ago) $57.00 a bottle. I bought in the port in Falmouth Jamaica for $45.00

On the ship (Oasis two weeks ago) $57.00 a bottle. I bought in the port in Falmouth Jamaica for $45.00

I’m glad to see prices going back down. I will be in the Dawn this Friday I hope they have it their for a good price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get Sheridan's when you get off the ship. Most/all liquor stores near the port will carry it. I was looking for Sheridan Berries but I have had no luck finding it. The coffee flavor is wonderful and you can not find it in the US. The ship used to stock it but don't anymore. You can buy it in any of the port liquor stores and they will deliver it to the ship or you can take it with you and when you get back onboard RCCL will store it until the end of your cruise. Its about $20 a bottle. Think, like Baileys but better. As you pour it layers its self.

Use the shopping guide for "approved" liquor stores if your worried at all. They may charge a few dollars more but your peace of mind is worth it and they are located near the port.

liq_she1.jpg

Unfortunately, Sheridan's is no longer being sold....

Take a European cruise, you can buy it in duty free both directions. :)

I was wondering about the comments about it not being sold in the US, as I see it all the time. But I fly international lot and have been seeing it in duty free.