AMA Paris & Normandy

CaroleLee

I hope you have had a great trip. Thanks for the information about the shuttle as well as your lovely photos and the peak the dailies give into what we can expect onboard and in the various ports. I am surprised by all the opportunities for daily fitness activities on the boat itself, a nice way to balance vacation food indulgence. I am looking forward to hearing more about your experience and impressions when you get a chance to share them. Have safe and uneventful travels home.

I hope you have had a great trip. Thanks for the information about the shuttle as well as your lovely photos and the peak the dailies give into what we can expect onboard and in the various ports. I am surprised by all the opportunities for daily fitness activities on the boat itself, a nice way to balance vacation food indulgence. I am looking forward to hearing more about your experience and impressions when you get a chance to share them. Have safe and uneventful travels home.

I saw on FB that the fitness activities just started on AmaLyra.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

We are leaving on AMA Paris to Normandy on August 3rd. We are doing our pre stay at Relais St Germaine. We arrive July 30th. We have hired Paris By Michael for two walking tours before we board. We have booked the Westin Vendome for four days after. Looking forward to our third tour with AMA. We've done Danube and Vietnam / Cambodia.

Hi

We are leaving on AMA Paris to Normandy on August 3rd. We are doing our pre stay at Relais St Germaine. We arrive July 30th. We have hired Paris By Michael for two walking tours before we board. We have booked the Westin Vendome for four days after. Looking forward to our third tour with AMA. We've done Danube and Vietnam / Cambodia.

Promise to leave the Lyra shipshape for you. Our trip ends 8-3-17 then on wards to Renaissance Vendome.

Have a great trip

Carole

Hi

o

Bookjjworm,

What did you think of the Viet Nam/Cambodia cruise? This will be our 3rd Ama cruise (Paris to Normandy on Sept 7th) after Tulip Time and the Danube. We might book another on board and the Viet Nam one intrigues me.

Allyson

Allyson,

We loved our Vietnam/ Cambodia trip. It was warm in November , but no rain. All the tours were wonderful in both countries. The guides were excellent. Ha long Bay was beautiful with an overnight on a junk. Both Hanoi, Ho Chi Min and Siem Reap hotels were amazing. Sofitel. We arrived early and hired a guide for two days in Hanoi. In Saigon, we took a private motor bike food tour that was a highlight.

Truly the trip was amazing and AMA never disappoints.

We did Paris and Normandy, June 15th on AMA.

On the day you go to Omaha Beach, you will be given a box lunch on bus. Eat it on the bus to save time.

Wreath ceremony at the cemetery was very nice.

If you are a Gentle Walker, AMA does do a nice job. At certain stops they provided us with taxis. In Rouen, we paid for our own taxi to meet up with the group at the Synagogue for the Jewish tour.

Elyce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi

Hi neighbor. We are on the same cruise. We live in Ventura. Last time we were in Paris (I think it was 2011) we stayed at Westin Vendome. Great location. Your schedule is similar to ours.

We arrive Jul 31st and depart 14 Aug. We plan to take a day trip (prior to the cruise) to Provins. My husband does volunteer work with birds of prey (hawks, eagles, owls) and he wants to see "The Eagles of the Ramparts" show in Provins.

Evelyn

For everyone on AMA Paris-Normandy cruise.7-27-17 Just rec a registered letter from AMA (heart stop feared it was a cx of cruise but it wasn't). They have adjusted the schedule as follows: "Due to repairs on the Tancarville canal which links Le Havre & the Seine access to Le Havre is not possible for a ship the size of AMALYRA. Therefore 7-30 & 7-31-17 the ship will be docked in Caudebec-en-Caux. Tours will run as previously planned" Tours will start and finish in Caudebec-en-Caux. I checked my original booking and these were the original ports. Recently Le Havre had been substituted in the mix. Anyone on this sailing?

Carole

• 2 weeks later...
For everyone on AMA Paris-Normandy cruise.7-27-17 Just rec a registered letter from AMA (heart stop feared it was a cx of cruise but it wasn't). They have adjusted the schedule as follows: "Due to repairs on the Tancarville canal which links Le Havre & the Seine access to Le Havre is not possible for a ship the size of AMALYRA. Therefore 7-30 & 7-31-17 the ship will be docked in Caudebec-en-Caux. Tours will run as previously planned" Tours will start and finish in Caudebec-en-Caux. I checked my original booking and these were the original ports. Recently Le Havre had been substituted in the mix. Anyone on this sailing?

Carole

On our Ama trip in 2013 we were bussed from Caux-de-Bec to the Normandy beaches and British museum. A very enjoyable and scenic ride. Our guide pointed out interesting sightings and historical points along the way which made the ride seem shorter.

We got there one day before the cemetery was closed due to the U.S. government budget shutdown. I suspect there would have been a mini riot if the shutdown had occurred the day we were there!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 months later...

HI all you AMALyra travelers.... I am thinking of doing the Paris to Normandy ad staying in category B (French balcony) I can either get cabin 224 on Cello deck or 325 or 326 on the Violin Deck. All of them in the back, is there any advantage or disadvantage to any of these? Thanks

HI all you AMALyra travelers.... I am thinking of doing the Paris to Normandy ad staying in category B (French balcony) I can either get cabin 224 on Cello deck or 325 or 326 on the Violin Deck. All of them in the back, is there any advantage or disadvantage to any of these? Thanks

Deck 3 (Violin) is the highest deck. On our first Ama cruise, we had a cabin on the Violin deck (AmaCerto). On the second 2, we had a cabin on the Cello deck, with French balcony (both times). I could not really see a big difference. Higher is usually considered better (more expensive), but I couldn't really tell the difference.

Allyson

As a rule, we prefer Deck 2 to Deck 3 on all river ships, as there is often noise from the Sun Deck when the crew is moving things around. The back has not been problematic as it is really only the Chef's Table that is in the rear of the ship.

My mother, my sisters, and I did Amalegro in summer 2016, Paris to Normandy and LOVED every minute of it. First river cruise for my sisters and me. Food was incredible as was the entire onboard experience. My mother and I are going on Amaprima Amsterdam to Basel in July, just booked yesterday, for my 60th. Soooo excited!!!

• 1 month later...
My mother, my sisters, and I did Amalegro in summer 2016, Paris to Normandy and LOVED every minute of it. First river cruise for my sisters and me. Food was incredible as was the entire onboard experience. My mother and I are going on Amaprima Amsterdam to Basel in July, just booked yesterday, for my 60th. Soooo excited!!!

Enjoy your trip, Ama offers a good product across the board!

Sent from my iPad using Forums