Can anyone recommend a San Juan hotel still taking reservations in November?

Schplinky

Intercontinental did call and cancel us today even though we spoke to them on Monday and they told us they were open. Now they say December 31 - in any event we were able to directly contact the Doubletree San Juan and were able to get confirmation from them that they are open and taking reservations. We booked for Sunday Nov 26 and it was I believe $219...

what # did you call i tried 3 different #s with no ans. at any of them

I'm saying - what you see online and on facebook is a different story from when you get through to someone on the phone or show up at the hotel. I am NOT trying to burst your bubble, this is a word of caution that almost ALL of the hotels have been taken over by worker bees. I had three reservations cancel after being ASSURED that they were all fine. (for Nov 12-15). We decided to fly to Fort Lauderdale and spend three nights there. Even with flights it was cheaper.

I am writing as we also need some help. We expressed to Windstar Customer Relations a number of weeks ago that we are uncomfortable with San Juan as a departure point for 25 Nov to 2 Dec Cruise with what all they (san juan) are going through. Today is a great example of what I was expecting and the results. When we booked our hotel months ago through HOTELS.COM all was good. Today they can not tell me the status of the hotel, if it is open, if it will open, or when. We spent hours searching the Internet looking for information on hotels and about those that are open and etc. From that we then searched every hotel that was listed as open and found EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM has no rooms available prior to our departure and upon our return. I did call the san Juan HOTLINE and couldn't get an answer. Accordingly, we have changed our air reservation to depart immediately upon our return on Dec 2nd but currently don't know for sure what our status is for a hotel on Nov 24th. Any suggestions or advice on Hotels for 24 Nov would be helpful. I have shared this exact statement with Windstar and awaiting a response from them.

I am writing as we also need some help. We expressed to Windstar Customer Relations a number of weeks ago that we are uncomfortable with San Juan as a departure point for 25 Nov to 2 Dec Cruise with what all they (san juan) are going through. Today is a great example of what I was expecting and the results. When we booked our hotel months ago through HOTELS.COM all was good. Today they can not tell me the status of the hotel, if it is open, if it will open, or when. We spent hours searching the Internet looking for information on hotels and about those that are open and etc. From that we then searched every hotel that was listed as open and found EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM has no rooms available prior to our departure and upon our return. I did call the san Juan HOTLINE and couldn't get an answer. Accordingly, we have changed our air reservation to depart immediately upon our return on Dec 2nd but currently don't know for sure what our status is for a hotel on Nov 24th. Any suggestions or advice on Hotels for 24 Nov would be helpful. I have shared this exact statement with Windstar and awaiting a response from them.

Try Sandy Beach Hotel? We just booked 4 rooms there this week as our original hotel cancelled us. Might not be the best hotel, but it is at least a bed with a roof over your head.

An adventurous and positive spirit really helps. We got to cancel and change our reservations thanks to FB. Some hotels communicate very well that way. Not everyone has a great experience, but make the best of it whether in Florida before your cruise or in San Juan. I'm sending positive vibes 😎

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

I recently posted a positive review on tripadvisor to Best Western Plus Condado Palm. Here is a reply I received. ........ Henry N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

We are glad that we were able to accommodate your stay. As you mention, our property is fully operational. All of our amenities and both our restaurants, Ropa Vieja and Nestle Toll House Cafe, are open. We look forward to accommodating other travelers that have been displaced. For our avaialability you can contact me directly at Hneumann@condadopalm.com or 787-648-8834.

Siempre a la orden,

Henry Neumann

General Manager

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So far, I've lost reservations at the Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, Marriott Stellaris, and Renaissance Cocha due to FEMA charters of the hotels. The latter two hotels haven't contacted me directly yet but I am reading online of folks staying sooner than we who are getting calls, saying those hotels will now be closed through December. I know of several other hotels that FEMA has also chartered, mostly Hilton affiliates. I have one back-up reservation left but would feel more comfortable with two, based on recent experience. Flying in on the day of the cruise is not an option for us. Given that RCL and X will have two ships home porting in SJU when we're there, I imagine the sooner we find some hotel that will actually be open, the better.

We just booked the Casa del Caribe Inn, one block off Ashford on the Condado for Dec 1. They sent us an e-mail asking for arrival time, replied, and they replied back with a thank you. Looks like they are legit, and open. Hope so anyway. We also have a reservation at the Fortaleza Suites, they reponded to my "are you open" e-mail with "we are on generators, not working half the time, not accepting any new reservations until Jan 28", but they haven't cancelled us. I would rather stay there than the Conado because it's right in the middle of downtown.

• 4 weeks later...

10 days ago I booked two rooms at the Courtyard in the Miramar area of SJ. Got reservations for April 6th immediately. However, I did book directly with the hotel and did not go through a TA or online booking agency like Expedia. Although living in Florida I still don't want to chance missing the departure of our transatlantic cruise by flying in the day of the cruise. Besides hotels there are other facilities in S through AIRBNB, Homestogo, and quite a few independent B&B's.

• 1 month later...
Try Sandy Beach Hotel? We just booked 4 rooms there this week as our original hotel cancelled us. Might not be the best hotel, but it is at least a bed with a roof over your head.[/quote

Did you end up staying at the Sandy Beach hotel? If so, how was it? I recently reserved a couple rooms for 1 night pre cruise. Just wondering how the place was. Thanks.

Try Sandy Beach Hotel? We just booked 4 rooms there this week as our original hotel cancelled us. Might not be the best hotel, but it is at least a bed with a roof over your head.[/quote

Did you end up staying at the Sandy Beach hotel? If so, how was it? I recently reserved a couple rooms for 1 night pre cruise. Just wondering how the place was. Thanks.

No, we did not stay there as they were the 2nd hotel to cancel on us. And the Airport Hotel was the 3rd. We ended up staying at the hostel on Fortalezza. It worked and we got some good laughs of the 8 of us staying there! I’d be interested in knowing how Sandy Beach is if you stay there. We like San Juan and are always looking for new places to stay.