Blu Question--Dine as you please vs set seating time?

likestorelax

villauk said

I blame Celebrity for the fact that their arrangements for jet Set Sail, which included luxury flights and reception areas for not preparing for an English morning of rain, where we had to stand outside a building to check in our luggage In the rain and with no shelter. That was Celebrities fault, we had no choice about checking in our luggage and there was no where to shelter. We had paid £1000 for that flight and arrangements triple the amount if we had simply travelled under our own steam. I then expect Celebrity to make suitable arrangements for people to check in their luggage so they are not condemned to standing in pouring rain to do so. I think you should read posts correctly before adversely commenting on them, but with your tone guess you don't like your favourite line to be honestly criticised.

In M class the tables are not too bad, mostly thought that it was possible to have ones own space though near enough to chat if one wanted.

I have criticized Celrbrity far more than you have over the years, my posting history is public. I did read your Op on the rain and found it silly and with a tone of privilege.

DH and I often request a table for 2 in any dining room if we aren't travelling with friends. Sometimes, in the MDR we have had a table for two very close to another 2 top. We have found that if we do not want to converse with our neighbors, we don't have to, but sometimes we have met lovely couples who's company we very much enjoyed. So the closeness is not only limited to BLU. OP will find many varying opinions about any topic, but overall, you will find more positive than negative reviews of Blu.

I have criticized Celrbrity far more than you have over the years, my posting history is public. I did read your Op on the rain and found it silly and with a tone of privilege.

I think you might not have found it either silly or whatever 'privilege' might mean in this context, if you had been getting soaking wet at 5am in the morning stood outside a seriously inadequate room where Celebrity had one person receiving luggage and the others getting soaked wet through. An no choice if you wanted to get on their plane, which was advertised as luxurious and charged heavily for. It was from the private jet terminal at Stanstead airport.

I can't believe I just wasted 30 minutes reading this entire thread! Here is what I learned.

1. I will never ever order sweet breads!

2. Someone allowed rain to dampen his entire vacation.

3. Don got upset. Never seen this before.

4. Worried now about our AQ sailing aboard Reflection Nov. 27.

Wishing now I never clicked on and read this thread,

Cheers,

JoAnne

I can't believe I just wasted 30 minutes reading this entire thread! Here is what I learned.

Cheers,

JoAnne[/quote

This is a forum for people to voice their opinions. sometimes positive and sometimes negative. It however doesn’t represent everybody. I have learned a lot from many of the forums regarding many ships. I have also voiced my opinions and hints to others.

Enjoy your cruise with an open mind.

I think you might not have found it either silly or whatever 'privilege' might mean in this context, if you had been getting soaking wet at 5am in the morning stood outside a seriously inadequate room where Celebrity had one person receiving luggage and the others getting soaked wet through. An no choice if you wanted to get on their plane, which was advertised as luxurious and charged heavily for. It was from the private jet terminal at Stanstead airport.

Did the rain come suddenly out of a cloudless sky? If not, then Celebrity provided you with an umbrella in your Aqua class staterooms for juSt such situations. You chose not to bring it?:confused:

Cheers,

JoAnne[/quote

This is a forum for people to voice their opinions. sometimes positive and sometimes negative. It however doesn’t represent everybody. I have learned a lot from many of the forums regarding many ships. I have also voiced my opinions and hints to others.

Enjoy your cruise with an open mind.

Jojo, I think we'll be able to muddle thru Blu and survive!:D;p

Jojo, I think we'll be able to muddle thru Blu and survive!:D;p

Not to worry. And I bet we will love every moment there too! Anytime someone else is doing the cooking is a good meal for me! As I mentioned on our roll call I am a personal chef for two physicians. I do get very tired of selecting a menu and preparing it.

37 days but who's counting!!!!!!!

Cheers,

Jojo

Did the rain come suddenly out of a cloudless sky? If not, then Celebrity provided you with an umbrella in your Aqua class staterooms for juSt such situations. You chose not to bring it?:confused:

I may be wrong, but I presume Anon hadn’t actually reached the ship to use their umbrellas at that stage. He mentioned Stanstead Airport, which is where he would have boarded his luxurious flight (X’s Premium jet air inclusive service) for those in the U.K. booking these type of all inclusive flight/cruise packages.

I’m sure he’ll return and confirm either way ;).

If you had bothered to read you would have realised that this was 5am at Stanstead airport UK, trying to check luggage for a Jet Set Sail Celebrity cruise holiday. We were just a few hundred miles from the ship and trying to check luggage to GO.

If you had bothered to read you would have realised that this was 5am at Stanstead airport UK, trying to check luggage for a Jet Set Sail Celebrity cruise holiday. We were just a few hundred miles from the ship and trying to check luggage to GO.

And of course it was all X fault that you didn't have an umbrella. Leaving from UK where it never rains. It was all the fault of X and its high costs. No problem. I understand completely, don't bother explaining any further. It's crystal clear.

And of course it was all X fault that you didn't have an umbrella. Leaving from UK where it never rains. It was all the fault of X and its high costs. No problem. I understand completely, don't bother explaining any further. It's crystal clear.

I think if you were stood waiting to board a Celebrity ship and it was pouring with rain and they made no provision for you to keep dry you would be upset too. So back off my posts, stop trying to intimidate people, mind your language and stop blaspheming to try and get your way. I can assure you it cuts no ice with me. I will express my opinions weather you like it or not, you can like it or lump it.

I think if you were stood waiting to board a Celebrity ship and it was pouring with rain and they made no provision for you to keep dry you would be upset too. So back off my posts, stop trying to intimidate people, mind your language and stop blaspheming to try and get your way. I can assure you it cuts no ice with me. I will express my opinions weather you like it or not, you can like it or lump it.

Signing off this thread. Wishing everyone clear skies and calm seas.

Breakfast are short hours...it might depend a great deal on what time one gets there to determine if it is observed to be 'full' or 'empty'.

I am pretty sure we went on our day at sea about 8:30 am (only open to 10) and only 5 or 6 tables were taken. We went another time when we had a pm port time and not much was different.

My overall take on breakfast is this. The Oceanside has a great eggs to order area and the buffet there has some great overall choices and they even provide nice table service there. We even relaxed there on a pm port day and had a bloody mary with breakfast and still got out in 45 minutes. We will certainly always look to do AQ but each of us who do it may have our own reasons. I think, for most, it's the dinner experience.

I am pretty sure we went on our day at sea about 8:30 am (only open to 10) and only 5 or 6 tables were taken. We went another time when we had a pm port time and not much was different.

My overall take on breakfast is this. The Oceanside has a great eggs to order area and the buffet there has some great overall choices and they even provide nice table service there. We even relaxed there on a pm port day and had a bloody mary with breakfast and still got out in 45 minutes. We will certainly always look to do AQ but each of us who do it may have our own reasons. I think, for most, it's the dinner experience.

Interesting observations....we will be back in the spring and see. I personally feel compelled to be a bit more 'glamorized' for breakfast in Blu than I do in the buffet environments which stops me from being there daily. As a result, we do not have breakfast every day in AQ but do enjoy it every time we do. I do understand that the occupany at breakfast is not at all like the dinner occupancy. We have however seen the front section, that is the area immediately before the separation wall and to the right of it, fairly well enjoyed. We have not experienced only 5 or 6 tables and that sounds very diifferent to me than our last experience, (and all the ones before) which have been some time ago.

I am looking forward to AQ in the spring with as few or as many at breakfast as there may be. If the trends continue as have been reported with a diminished breakfast occupancy, it will be a departure of what we have been accustomed to but I am optimisitc the food and sevice will still be quite as good as we have experienced previously.